soul

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

soul72

Oct 6, 2009
kent
I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling. We took an oath not to do any wrong to each other or to scheme against each other.

I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.

When a child, my mother taught me to kneel and pray to Usen for strength, health, wisdom and protection. Sometimes we prayed in silence, sometimes each one prayed aloud; sometimes an aged person prayed for all of us... and to Usen.

I was born free where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures."

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
bit out of the blue as well. if i'd heard someone spouting that in the street i'd have crossed over the road to avoid them

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling. We took an oath not to do any wrong to each other or to scheme against each other.

I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.

When a child, my mother taught me to kneel and pray to Usen for strength, health, wisdom and protection. Sometimes we prayed in silence, sometimes each one prayed aloud; sometimes an aged person prayed for all of us... and to Usen.

I was born free where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures."

fresh claims , sir! is aisle B :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
Come on mate, don't be shy, tell us what the F~!? you actually want to say.

What is this post all about?

Could you please write your reply in plain english please.

NB- Please don't use the word inneffable

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know ? I was going to close this on religious grounds, but you lot have taken it such a total digression that it's actually quite entertaining :D :D

.........we used to yell "Geronimo!!" when we jumped off the roof, or the sea wall or a tree.........I thought Geronimo was a Plains Tribe native American :confused: Did they "have* anything to jump off ??

cheers,
Toddy

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Yeah OK I can dig this, but not "bushcrafty" as such, so moved to "other chatter" :D

peace and love homies.....Peace and love !!

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
Ray Mears' Extreme Survival Series 1 Episode 5. He follows the footsteps of the Apache tribe across the Arizona Desert and ends up at the spot where Geronimo surrendered. They hid in the mountains there, so I guess there was plenty to jump off.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I love the Apache wedding blessing that Jules and I had read when we got married

Now you will feel no rain
For each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now each of you will feel no cold
For each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no loneliness for you
For each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons
But there is one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling place to enter into the days of your togetherness
And may your days be good and long upon the earth.

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I thought Geronimo was a Plains Tribe native American :confused: Did they "have* anything to jump off ??

cheers,
Toddy

He lived (mostly) in the Gila (HEE-la) area of southern Arizona/New Mexico. Not from the plains, definitely not a hippie.:)
fighting-terrorism-since-1492--a-19172-20090904-292.jpg

http://www.chiricahuaapache.org/

"We were taught that Usen does not care for the petty quarrels of men."
Geronimo
His Own Story

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE