Sore mouth.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, I had my filling yesterday. (resin composite)

And they gave me a good clean, something I havent had in five years.

I feel a lot better, now I have lost 5kg in weight in plaque...

But talking with my friend, she hasnt been to the Dentist in ages.

Because when tipped back in the chair she gets terrible vertigo and dizziness.

Janne, what would you do with (to) her?

Reactions: santaman2000

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Well, I had my filling yesterday. (resin composite)

And they gave me a good clean, something I havent had in five years.

Because when tipped back in the chair she gets terrible vertigo and dizziness.
Does this only happen when tilted in the dentist chair or all chairs when tilted ? I used to suffer the same. Diazepam 1 hour before the appointment fixed it. Prescribed by my GP.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
About 10% of patients in UK choose a private dental clinic, those can have private insurance.
The rest are under the NHS.

The prescription should be done by the treating dentist, at the examination appointment.
The clever thing is to prescribe enough sedatives for maybe 4 visits.

Last edited:

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
You said your Rx costs £30. Apparently you DO need real insurance.
No, the dentist is bending the rules, I could have the treatment and refuse to pay, and nothing could be done. UK citizens who work pay National insurance which pays for the National Health Service. I shall leave it there, and stay clear of politics.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No, the dentist is bending the rules, I could have the treatment and refuse to pay, and nothing could be done. UK citizens who work pay National insurance which pays for the National Health Service. I shall leave it there, and stay clear of politics.
Politics? LOL. Hardly politics. I’ve been the beneficiary of the NHS’s treatments. Let’s just say I was less than impressed. You get what you,pay for.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Politics? LOL. Hardly politics. I’ve been the beneficiary of the NHS’s treatments. Let’s just say I was less than impressed. You get what you,pay for.

depends where you live or stay. I have found quite the reverse.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Deekin, what do you mean, bending the rules?
If the prescription is supposed to br free of charge, he is breaking the contract rules!
Unless there have been major rules changes, once a dentist accepts and signed on a patient, thrn he has to follow the NHS rules 100%, and can not choose what to do and not to do.
( I saw children of my private patients, plus vetersns on the NHS)

This has nothing to do with politics. Politics is all hot air, talk, talk.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Deekin, what do you mean, bending the rules?
If the prescription is supposed to br free of charge, he is breaking the contract rules!
Exactly, but questioning, and arguing about it isn't worth the hassle, like so many things in life, if there is a quiet diplomatic solution to the problem, then that's the way I go, then everyone is (relatively) happy.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
depends where you live or stay. I have found quite the reverse.
Possibly. I was in the Cotswolds. But my experience was that the doctor seemed to view himself as an official with the final say on what treatment is chosen. I treatment. I prefer doctors that remember they are merely expert employees who advise and the patient (the employer) always has final choice.

Like I said, you get what you pay for.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Like I said, you get what you pay for.
tenor.gif

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I am not a Saint, far from it, but I always tell my patients: I explain the problems, the various treatments, my recommendation, but you are the Boss of your teeth so you decide.

It should be remembered by all that the patient has the rights to choose between offered treatments, or decline.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....It should be remembered by all that the patient has the rights to choose between offered treatments, or decline.
My experience with ththe NHS wasn’t dental. It was medical. And yes, the doctor offered treatments and you hit the nail on the head. The choice was “take it or leave it” among treatments that had been obsolete for a couple of decades. I waited until I got home a couple of years later and saw a real doctor. At least my problem was me that would wait and I had the option of going elsewhere. Poor Allie Evans wasn’t even allowed that.

You can keep the NHS.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE