So who's NOT watching the football?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all my best mate is a man united fan when he starts talking obout football i talk about bushcrafting bores the pants of him ,football i would rather watch paint dry.i went out clubbing regards dave

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Three reasons to like football:

1) It's better than fighting.
2) It's an excellent cross cultural platform for communication.
3) It's more exciting than cricket or golf
4) When you know what to look for it can be a very pretty game.
5) It's cheap, accessible and can be played by anybody.

:)

Rob

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I took the canoe out yesterday, just along the canal with both kids and SWMBO taking turns in the boat (a first for all of them:cool:) whilst the other two walked along the tow path.

We had a bushy brew up with the Ghillie Kettle then got home and cooked chicken on the Bar B Q.

It was SO much better than stopping in watching the idiot box!

Simon

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
While I can accept and appreciate football for it's skill etc, as with most spectator sports I find it boring to watch. Luckily for me, out here there is no TV signal.. :D So the chance of having my IQ rotted away by the brain rot box is suitably reduced. Of course, the internet on the other hand.. :lol:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ive been admiring my new knife this evening.

Ill bring it to the moot so you can all admire it too.

its truly a spectacular knife.

On the plus side i picked up a Parkes axe today, and a friend gave me `two` hatchet heads, an Elwell 2 3/4 and a Brades Kentish pattern, so i have lots of things to do should I ever tire of admiring my knife WHICH IS SO MUCH MORE WONDERFUL THAN A WOODLORE.

Is it one of those Bare Grills knives? :D
There is no way I would be caught watching soccar (big girls blouses falling over if someone looks at them hard but paid stupid money for doing so) - I class it along with Soaps, reality TV and Bear Grylls as things I can well live without!
If it was the noble game of Rugby Union I could be tempted...but even that has gone downhill since they made it a Pro game.
I will spend the next week canoeing and in the woods.
After all - I have too much of a life to bother to watch the idiot box full of silly people getting worked up over kicking a ball around....

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
The Vikings (Denmark) are playing the Dutch tomorrow. Here's hoping their axes don't get in the way.

rancid badger

Silence has descended on our neighbourhood, it's a beautiful sunny evening, so I'm off up the garden to listen to the remaining (audio book) chapters of "She" by H Rider Haggard (I've been listening to this on the bus to and from work for the past few weeks).

I've lit a fire, I may carve a spoon, and I'm going to have an enjoyable evening all to myself while it seems that the rest of England is glued to the goggle box.

Is there anybody else out there?

Geoff

Frankly, I can think of SO many things I'd rather do, than watch football. :togo:
For example; stick large, rusty needles, smeared with dog doo doo, into my eyeballs.;)

I am totally bemused by the sheep like way, that even quite intelligent people, can get even mildly interested in this particular "game".:borgsmile

Rugbys not too bad

R.B.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Isn't 'rugger' just a bunch of toffie nosed wannabies running about righting old wrongdoings etc? :lmao:

Not in the Vallies of South Wales or the concrete pitches of Soweto it aint!

[/QUOTE]Almost read that as canoeing in the woods... but sounds like a damn fine plan..[/QUOTE]
Our woods are damp...but not that damp!
I have just finished packing and finished racking off my nettle wine and my birchsap wine...just going to check how many corks on my nettle beer have popped (kept in the garage in case of explosion...) then I will be off up to my woods to check on the woodpecker chicks before enjoying a roast dinner.
The first thing tomorrow I am off, away from TV and "footie" for a week!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I didn't watch the football either, and the only reason I checked the score was SWMBO's dad was playing a gig at a pub last night and I wanted to know whether there were going to be riots or not!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
For those of you who think football players are overpaid...

Speaking as someone who has sold tickets and constantly been moaned at over the price "If you think our ticket prices are too high, yes, I sympathise with you, do you see `me` buying a ticket, hey? No, Im not here to make you buy one, go spend it on beer for all I care."

And they then buy it anyway.

And the merchandise too.

If you think the players are overpaid you may stay at home and watch it on the box.

Or buy beer.

(No, its not BGs knife...Pah)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE