So who's NOT watching the football?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
went to tescos to do the BIG shop it was lovely and quiet in there . then i put my kit away, thats been airing in the shed ready for my next adventure. not really keen on football. never have been a worshipper of false idol type of person.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Utterly Amazing that so many are not watching.

I have to confess that, when I made the original post, I never expected so many replies. Based on all my acquaintances, I thought I'd be the only one not watching. Even my good lady turned down the offer of a romantic meal together to watch the footy.

The bit of wood I split down didn't suit a spoon, and it's now turning into an incense holder, probably in the form of an owl couchant (or nearly so).

Geoff

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
bar humbug to the lot of you and dont you lot have any national pride and secondly football is the second greatest sport in the world and the first is off shore ocean racing like ellen mcarther does Now theres a sport you dont see on tv much but i guess coming from a lifetime supporter of middlesbrough football club and who used to have a season ticket for said club before he started working shifts and who also goes dingy sailing it would make sense i say such things but maybe i am spouting ******** i dont know its just my opinion

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
bar humbug to the lot of you and dont you lot have any national pride and secondly football is the second greatest sport in the world and the first is off shore ocean racing like ellen mcarther does Now theres a sport you dont see on tv much but i guess coming from a lifetime supporter of middlesbrough football club and who used to have a season ticket for said club before he started working shifts and who also goes dingy sailing it would make sense i say such things but maybe i am spouting ******** i dont know its just my opinion

:35::35::35:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I can't stand the fervour surrounding it nor do I like England fans, but I enjoy the game.
I used to play a lot but have since given up, so I'm quite happy to watch.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I usually follow most of the games, but I'm only going to watch England this year. For some reason this time, I'm not really up for it and I normally love the World Cup atmosphere.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Football is not a sport, it's just a game, and one with no point.

Havers, it's clearly a sport and the point is to score more goals than the opposition. It's also a good passive substitute for tribal warfare.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I'll not be watching any football, in fact I've not had the radio on since the circus started last week. I don't mind a kick about with the kids, but isn't sport for doing, not for watching, and whats the whole dressing up thing. I can imagine the reaction I'd get turning up to an archery competition dressed as Errol Flyn's Robin hood.

Saturday, I took my six year old off for a paddle on the Pocklington Canal. Chilling around the Bushcooker for a brew, watching warblers, Curlews and the fish, collecting shells and playing pooh sticks. Quality father and son time. I fully recommend it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE