So what have you been up to for the past week?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've been wondering what you've all been up to the last week so feel free to let us know :D

It's been an interesting week for me and the site, we had the DDOS attacks and that lead to a server move and a glitch in some software that took ages for the company to resolve and then we moved to a different server and had another issue so some guys got well and truly stuck in and overcame all the issues and we're back :D

So my week has been spent working on, worrying about, wondering when and what IFing about the site. All over now though :D

Sorry for the down time guys ;)

So, what did you lot get up to?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I bought myself a new mountain bike with sod-off massive tyres.
It looks dead sexy.
It could twang knicker elastic from 50 paces.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Catching up with bloggs over on SOTP, having a laugh with the BCL crew and even found BushcraftUSA.com :)

Good to see we're back again though

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Tony,

Wow am I glad that you got it all resolved:D
Been checking back, tried to send some words of encouragement but it got bounced back and generally having to work too hard. Just watched Alone in the wilderness which a fantastic member dropped into me at work ( SOOO worth watching ), was out early doors this morning with the mutt, collecting tinder and generally trying to avoid cleaning out my gutters. Though the said mutt is refusing to use the main door during rain as there is a waterfall there.

It's been a bumper week of early Ceps and slippery jacks here around the village, bags of them, my mate is going mental trying to dry them. Me I've been eating them with eggs or some of the lovely trout I got as a prezzie. And I even managed to make my neighbors French boyfriend extremely happy with a prezzie of a bag of freshly picked ones. He was tickled pink, he's over visiting at the moment and didn't think wee Brits went in for that sort of thing.

Glad you've got it all sorted and welcome back.

Colin.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I just went on to BCUK and sat there all day staring at the error page for a few days trying to fill the void :) and then I went sailing!

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Dear Tony,

Thanks & respect for the job you did.

When will Lofty Wiseman publish the SAS Survival Guide for the Internet?:D

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, Made this Possible pouch up out of boredom for something to do.
Nice to be back.: You_Rock_

img1512c.jpg

img1514z.jpg

Cheers Topknot

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi, Made this Possible pouch up out of boredom for something to do.
Nice to be back.: You_Rock_

img1512c.jpg

img1514z.jpg

Cheers Topknot

Cracking job Topknot

I managed to do a bit of sanding on the skirting boards but that was about as far as my craftsmanship went this week.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Since last friday I spent the weekend in herefordshire at the SWB site and had a great time as usual.On tuesday I bought a new dog for the kids(me) pictures to follow soon.Then I spent the rest of this week securing the garden to keep the dog in,and the cats out.
Good to see you back Tony.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
experiencing the shakes and palpitations! - it's not nice going cold turkey.....:eek:

SO GOOD to see you all again!!!! :grouphug: i've missed you!

....and a HUGE thanks to all those 'back room boys' - I know you have been working VERY hard behind the scenes!!!! :You_Rock_

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Going through withdrawal symptoms!
I did manage to forge some steels for flint and steel work (no photos yet) put a handle on a blade I had from Pignut and make a sheath for it.
And I collected loads of Blackberries for making Blackberry Vodka, BBJelly and Crumbles....
And I was away for the W/E with the SWB mob (though due to having "Tennis Elbow and a dodgy knee I could not join in the fun much)
And I got a few reviews written for the magazines.....but that is work....

By eck - it is good to be back on the site!
Thanks for all your hard work:You_Rock_

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
...Location.... Location....
sitting in a corner and telling myself that the forum will be back soon, over and over again :p

Yeah, but I was foaming a little bit aswell - I wish those people in white cloaks would stop looking at me.
Anyway, at least BCUK is back up again.

I went for a 4 day (60km) expedition over the South Downes, my "favourite" part being the aptly named 'Devil's Dyke' and the near vertical climb one of my team decided to put into the routecard for it.
Though I got to see spectacular views that were well worth the effort.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In best non specific yokel accent

This woik oi ave mostly been leaking claret

Has airway surgery (again) a week ago and am stuck indoors for two weeks due to infection risk

Not all bad though - gave me lots of time to try some new preservation techniques in my normal Autumn veg saving extravaganza.

New ones include Thai sweet chilli sauce (thought about Mesquite while trying this one), caramalised onion chutney and sweetcorn relish :cool:

Pictorials are available if anyone has excess allotment or garden stuff they need to "put back" ;)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE