Snugpak Sleeka Vs Alpkit Filo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
I'm after a warm jacket for the on comning winter, mainly for being sat in the tent, having a brew etc.

I've narrowed it down to either the Snugpak Sleeka or Alpkit Filo but having never seen either I wondered if the two were comparable or if one was markedly better than the other.

I think the snugpak might be a bit more resilient and wouldn't be damaged too much by getting wet but is it as warm as the filo?

Thanks,

CAL

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got the sleeveless Filet vest and love it. Usual Alpkit quality and attention to detail.

It's not been cold enough to wear it for a long time but it's coming out on my trip next weekend.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
The weights are about the same but the filo is insulated by down and therefore would almost certainly be warmer. The downside is that you will have to keep it dry otherwise it will lose its insulating properties. The sleeka, on the other hand, will keep you warm when wet.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Not had any experience of the Alpkit, but their kit is good. I use a Sleeka and find that well toasty and packs down very small. You don't feel bulky either with it under a jacket

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
Alpkit design and customer service has been excellent for my experience. I have the sleeveless version of their down jacket also, and they have been very attentive, repairing where needed for a fair price etc.

Sleeka looks good but I would say the AK is warmer, while the Sleeka would probably be a bit tougher being synthetic (but only marginally)

Weigh the balance ;) :240:

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
It looks like it could be a sleeka then. Just been outbid on one ebay, it went for £21!!!

There's not much difference in the new prices though, £59 for the Sleeka and £80 for the Filo (when they arrive).

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw some water resistant Tresspass gilets in their shop at Xscape in Castleford yesterday. They were down filled but had a good outer on them.

Can't remember the price but might be worth a phone call or a visit if you're passing.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Just been looking at the Snugpak Pile Shirt Elite. I''m covetting one of those now, seems to be just the job and available for £50...

Shewie - Its usually too dangerous (expensive) for me to go to Xscape but I'll have a look. The wife if definitely after a down jacket so she'll be interest in that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE