Snugpak Rocket Pak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caboose117

Jul 12, 2006
USA
Ive been looking at the Rocket pak for quite some time now does any one have any pictures, expriences, reviews i can hear about it?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i would try one on for size before you do anything else!

i though they were wonderfull when i first bought mine.

loads of features like the covers and water hose hole.

but after some use i have found:

it's never quite big enough for me,
the back is far too short (I'm 5,11")
there far fewer adjustments that you'd expect for a bag in the price range, and the waist belt (sit's on your tummy) is rubbish!
the fabric is very floppy and not up to the severe bashing i give my kit!
the list goes on alot further!

If you want mine we could come to some arrangement!
(not used much no holes or wear!)
i have made several changes,
added shoulder adjusters!
added 4 straps on the top of the pack to allow carring of a roll mat!
(both the above should be present on all rucksacks!)

added clips to hold a further side pouch on the lid and or the back section!
added fastex type clips to the side compression straps (otherwise you have to thread the buckles every time!)

if you search through some of the threads you will find several people say the same!

what it's good for:

a day sack / over night bag.
bushcraft yes, as long as you look after it.
fitness hiking/running yup, it's good!

others will say it's fantastic! :rolleyes:

I'll try to post some pictures!

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
I'll echo Rappleby on this one. If you aren't going to be wearing belt based webbing with it then the back is far too short for normal sized men :rolleyes: A Sabre 45 is a better bet if you want a medium sized rucksack of this type.

Caboose117

Jul 12, 2006
USA
Rappleby if its not to much trouble can you post a few pictures of your rocket pak because ive never found real good pictures of it . :thanks:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Here's my Snugpack Rocket (SR)with it's "many" adaptions!

1st photo heres something a shop bought SR can't do, fix a roll mat to the top!

ee049808.jpg

Here you can see most of the adaptions, shoulder/collar adjusters(with "D" ring to attatch roll mat. new big fastex buckles on the side compresion straps, male fastex clip to fix a pouch to the lid.
ee0497ec.jpg

Here you can see 1 side pouch attached as normal, and 2 clips top centre for attatching a pouch to the rear!
ee0497c8.jpg

not very tidy but this is how it's done.
ee0497b2.jpg

another option, carrying a pouch on the lid like i mentioned, obviously straps are needed to stop it wobbling forwads or backwards.
ee049790.jpg

From the front: note another pouch(a Modified PLCE medic pouch) the shoulder straps now go though the front of the pouch which stabilises it and the whole lid area. also note the belt an Arktis pouch(this ones an ammo) fits really well for snacks, camera, i carry a walkman sometimes!
ee04976a.jpg

by the way PLCE side pouches do zip on to it but the SR zips are shorter, so it's not perfect but works, also not shown as the bag stands in the last pic, above the side pouch on the right is a small velcroed hole, for a camelBak. also there are 2 waterproof covers, 1 DPM(not IRR) and 1 sandy brown both work well and protect the sack!

the reason for me buying it in the first place was i wanted:

a green bag
with removable pockets
a compressable bag
not a military bag.
a smaller bag than i had, to help my personal admin!
and a bag i could use as a daysack for climbing/bushcraft

rats! :eek: it fulfills all of those criteria!
AAgh I'm just confused now! ok i do like it really!

actually writing this reminds me of all the good stuff about the bag, i don't think i want to part with it just yet, :eek: sorry! :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE