Snugpak Bergan and Stamina

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Two questions about these rucksacks:

Are these highride, like the Rocketpack? When wearing, do the hipbelt come over the hips?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Depends how tall you are!
Generally folk may find the Bergan quite short...I found it fitted me well...but I am only 5'5" tall....

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
What John said ,I cant use snugpak packs because I'm 6'4" and they ride way to high on my back.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Agreed - I've got one and it fits me well, but I too am a shorty at 5'7''. I found that the hip belt goes in the right place and provides good support.

Dec 16, 2007
I have a Snugpack bergan and I am 6ft. Have no problem but I am used to a high riding pack and one with out a waist belt. I also use an GS framed bergan that rides over your belt kit.

The snugpak is used when I am not using belt kit so is ok.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I'm 6ft and found it ok as long as it's not too heavy,it was more comfortable when i used it with pouches
The adjustment straps are a bit lacking especially in the shoulder area!

I sold a Long back DPM PLCE bergen and bought a snugpack rocket used it for a few months I then sold the snugpak Rocket and bought (and have been using ever since) short back OG PLCE bergen.

I prefer the PLCE by far but it's not as comfy.

(I suggest you try both! or at least the Karrimor version!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE