Snugpack bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
I'm after a reasonably priced, not too large sleeping bag, 1.5-2kg range.
I've several heavy winter bags that are too heavy for a back pack.
I've been looking at the Snugpack range. What is the quality difference like between the UK made stuff and the cheaper ones?
I see the Extreme which would probably fit the bill for less than £40.
OR for the same price and weight would I be better off with something like the Endicott's Phantom" 250?
cheers
Gareth

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used the Elite 4 for a while Gareth, a great bag which I only upgraded because i wanted to shed a few pounds from my load. I'm fairly slim though and I'd heard some of the bigger guys say Snugpak bags can be a bit well "snug"

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've only recently got a Softie Chrysalis Autumn. Slept in it twice in fairly cold, but not freezing conditions, and love it. Agree with the above though, it's a little snug unless zipped on the outer zip and I'm not huge at all, just wide in the shoulder.

Maybe if the conditions were actually freezing I'd have it up tight though. So far, I'd recommend it.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
The Extreme is both huge and extremely heavy. Admittedly it is warm but I think unsuitable for a backpack over any distance.

ive got the snugpak sleeper extreme.

Its fairly large and not that heavy to carry. When you get it out from the stuffbag it just expands to a really big warm duvet like thickness.
For £35 its a bargain and its rated to -12 (i can inly see using it in minus 12 with a bivvi, ground mat and lots of thermals)

Pair this bag with the snugpak bivvy (340g) and its a ideal combo.

the bag may be heavier and less complex than the more expensive sungpak bag but whats half a kilo difference when carrying? it will only make you stronger!

T

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'd check the temperature rating on that.
The comfort rating is when you'll be comfortable
The extreme rating means that you will live but probably lose extremities.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE