Snowboarding gear wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A bit of a long shot but does anyone have any snowboarding gear they're just not using anymore ?

I'm just starting so looking to put a cheapish package together.

Interested in ...

Board
Bindings
Boots (size 9)

Last edited:

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
What is it your after? I have a snowboard I was thinking of selling. But It's a bit on the small side, it's a freestyle 149 so it really depends on your size and weight etc.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
I have a brand new North Face suit if your interested, couple of seasons old but never worn, think the tags are still on it!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What is it your after? I have a snowboard I was thinking of selling. But It's a bit on the small side, it's a freestyle 149 so it really depends on your size and weight etc.

I'm after a 155cm really Chris, 5' 10" 12.5st

I have a brand new North Face suit if your interested, couple of seasons old but never worn, think the tags are still on it!

Not too bothered about a suit thanks Rowen, kind of thrown some cheap bits together for the time being

by the way, you might want to check out the SCUK forums. Often a lot of second hand gear at good prices over there.

Cheers Chris I'll check that out

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Size 12 boots if you like..............you might look like a hobbit though but they will be cheap!

Rest of the stuff went a while ago unfortunately, some good stuff about secondhand

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I'm after a 155cm really Chris, 5' 10" 12.5st

Not too bothered about a suit thanks Rowen, kind of thrown some cheap bits together for the time being

Cheers Chris I'll check that out

Yeah I thought as much. I have a 155 as my normal board, the 149's a bit small really. bought it as a dryslope freestyle board but never really use it... Have you tried ebay as well? I've got some good deals on snowboarding gear from there

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah I thought as much. I have a 155 as my normal board, the 149's a bit small really. bought it as a dryslope freestyle board but never really use it... Have you tried ebay as well? I've got some good deals on snowboarding gear from there

Yeah mate, spent the last couple of nights drooling over various gear :p

It looks like you can pick up some good stuff so I'm keeping an eye on it.

Is there any point in going for one of the cheap starter sets like this ....
http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/copy_of_Pale_Sirpreme_Snowboard_Package.html

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
It will certainly save you the hassle of buying it individually. I'm on the lookout for a board and the ones I like cost £400+ so if it's just to try out I would go for the package mate and it's new.

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
dare i say it ebay was were i brought my burton custom for about £60 it was a few seasons old. But i did buy new burton bindings for £70 new. they were pervious seasons. I'm sure you will hear this a lot but don't buy 2nd boots. Brought new dc boots for about £80 these babys will last me years.

So all in all buy boots new, and board and bindings you could probably pick up 2nd hand.

Are you going abroad or just on dry slopes or indoor slopes?

Cheers hope this helps.

Oh last year tk max had new dc boots in for about £60. check them out too.

All the best Jimmy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
dare i say it ebay was were i brought my burton custom for about £60 it was a few seasons old. But i did buy new burton bindings for £70 new. they were pervious seasons. I'm sure you will hear this a lot but don't buy 2nd boots. Brought new dc boots for about £80 these babys will last me years.

So all in all buy boots new, and board and bindings you could probably pick up 2nd hand.

Are you going abroad or just on dry slopes or indoor slopes?

Cheers hope this helps.

Oh last year tk max had new dc boots in for about £60. check them out too.

All the best Jimmy.

Cheers Jimmy

Currently having lessons at Xscape and then going to Chamonix for a week at Christmas

I got kitted out with ex rental gear from www.edge2edge.co.uk saved a fortune by buying the ex rental stuff. I have bought 3 sets of skis and 2 snowboards from them over the past couple of years and have had no problems with the gear. I would recommend though if you are planning a pair of boots to go to a good shop and get fitted. I spent 2 hours in a my nearest shop finding the right pair of boots and it was well worth the effort.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich,

I have had my last 3 boards from robin hood watersports at cleckhuddersfax, great deals and lots of help. I would get yourself there

Thanks mate, I have come across them in my searches, handy that they're near too.

I should be looking to buy in a couple of weeks so might fire some more questions up for those of you in the know :)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Might be worth a call and ask if they got an ex rental.

Although if you got a package from them at least you know its all good and balanced for you, and at that time of year there is still 3 months of the season left so it could be off loaded quickly and get good money back for it should you not get on with it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are there any duffer manufacturers to avoid ? I mean is £120 board going to snap on me first time out ?

What this about the different bases, extruded and sintered ?

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I'm out of touch now, for about 4yrs. You should get to Roho and ask them they have always been helpfull.

My first board was the entry level one but the following ones were of reputable makes but then I'm a big unit and my boots were size 12 so needed a wider board that was only available on better models to avoid toe-drag

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I personally wouldn't touch them, especially not the bindings and boots. Skimp out on the board if anything. The boots are most important, you must get a good fit. Then the bindings and lastly the boots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE