Snares & Deadfalls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NTbushcraft

Sep 21, 2012
Netherlands
I would like to exchange some trap idea's here on the forum=) i would like to get feedback and your idea's:) it would be awesome if you could share pictures video's on traps.

[video=youtube;tN63en6aeQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN63en6aeQc[/video]

Every feedback comment is more then welcome my friends

Nick

NTbushcraft

Sep 21, 2012
Netherlands
wow love your vids,have you caught animals in them?

i snare all winter here and have a line of 70 snares.

I snared some rabbits before, it's illegal in Holland to put out snares! So you have to be careful over here.
70 snares that's a great number =) I guess you catch a lot during the winter time in the UK

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i dont have any vids but i did some diagrams on photoshop of a few of my fave spring snare/tra[s:

Rollerspringsnare-1.png

genericland-traps-1VVVV.png

genericland-traps.png

trapezespringsnare.png

genericland-traps-1VVVV-1.png

NTbushcraft

Sep 21, 2012
Netherlands
Nice photo's thanks for sharing. I never succeeded in setting up the spring tension snare I just don't get the trigger stick to sit still.
I like the last picture never seen that before! Looks useful for fishing.

Nick

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
Great vid there,
Quistion, if i practiced setting some traps in my garden, and a cat got caught, :rolleyes: would i be at fault?
i dont want to mess this thread up,
richard

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
what constitutes a legal snare mate? the design or where it is set? i mean on your own property or on the kitchen table its not going to be anyones business is it?
(genuine question not trying to be offensive.)

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
WOW, thanks for the advise,
Nick
that vid is really great info, as you say would be great if others showed, us some more, espesily whats legal in the uk,
Be really nice to now whats legal, insteed of whats not,

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
A leagal snare, needs to be free running,non locking and if made of thin wire, at least six strands of at least 22 guage wire, it must be fixed to a firm point, like a peg,fence or tree, it must be checked at least once in a 12 hour period. The set of the snare is to b four fingers and a thumb high on the tealer, and the hole no bigger than your clenched fist, That's any where, your own land or not ,afaik. Contact your local wild life officer for clarification if your unsure.

NTbushcraft

Sep 21, 2012
Netherlands
Great vid there,
Quistion, if i practiced setting some traps in my garden, and a cat got caught, :rolleyes: would i be at fault?
i dont want to mess this thread up,
richard

In my opinion it would be a fault, i just really like making traps! Starting in your back garden is a good thing to do.
You can really learn a lot =) maybe a cage trap would be ok to experiment with a pet, but be careful

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE