Sloe Gin recipes and help required

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
So as the time for bottling approaches, some questions. Is a jelly bag best to strain through or can I just use some muslin ?? Also if making 'Slider', is it simply a case of filling a bottle with gin soaked Sloes and then covering with cider ??

It's been a thoroughly enjoyable exercise and will make great little gifts.

All the best.
 
Don't know anything about "Slider", but I do usually strain my sloe gin through a bit of muslin, or a CLEAN handkercheif.

Dave
 
I tend to strain all my hedgerow booze through - a jelly bag, then a coffee filter (mesh NOT paper) then parachute silk. I find that I get a verry fine sediment, especialy with blackberry Vodka, if I do not filter it all very fine.
Call me obsessive - most do - but if the Vodka is tripple distilled then I think it deserves triple filtering! :D
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE