Slightly larger gasification stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm on the lookout for a second wood gasification stove. The one I have is great but at about 13cm diameter, only just suitable for a larger pot.

Something two or three centimetres wider would be perfect but apart from the rather expensive "Solo Campfire" I can't seem to find anything out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Have you thought of making one Wayland.

ive thought about it. Seeing the (expensive) solo campfire ones, it did make me think about playing around making a larger wood gasifier. I would be interested if someone does it. I did wonder if just a second outer wall to my washing machine drum fire pit would have a good result.

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I did actually make one a few years back but the outer case split on the second firing. Wrong grade of steel I guess.

It did make me realise some things are not a simple as they appear.

PS. Looking at that video again makes me wonder if the reason not many people make them larger is that they tend to turn into infernos rather than remain manageable?

It occurs to me now that what I really need is a wider pot support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broch

Short_edc

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2020
Cambs
I got an outad camp stove from amazon not so much a gasifier than a twig stove but £7 gents, I left a review, with a photo, not sure if its fit for purpose but worth a look :cigar:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Looks like a useful little fire box but I'm looking for the particular qualities of a gasifier stove for the application I need it for.

I want a second stove that I can take with me on an arctic trip to Kittilä next February ( or the one after that.) so that I can run two pots at once for cooking or making snowball soup.

Wood-Gas-Stove.jpg

The one I have runs great on the sort of dry twiggy kindling that is easy to source out there or, even better, on Eco cat litter that we are gambling on being able to buy at the supermarket we will get our supplies from.

A single bag of litter chucked onto our toboggans will run a couple of stoves all week, dramatically reducing our impact on the site.

Last edited:

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
In Kittilä area you would not run out of small wood for any stove, there is nothing but wood there. And snow and cold and very good area for winter camping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE