Small stainless steel kettle recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'm after a small 1 - 1.2l stainless steel kettle that would be suitable for our wood burner top and our rocket stove, so a flat bottom and all metal construction. I've had a look in our local shops but can't find anything and most of the online ones don't seem to have a spout cover.

Any suggestions? It could be a bit larger, but stainless and all metal are essential.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Did you already try the Pathfinder Bush Pot? It doesn't have the best finish in the world but it's nevertheless an amazing pot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brizzlebush

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
You could look at the Lixada camping pot. Bale handle, butterfly handles lid and drain spout and stainless steel and only about £11…..

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Yes, the Decathlon kettle is along the right lines, a proper kettle that's squat so boils quickly and has a right fitting lid. I'm happy to spend a bit more on a decent, robust kettle.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Well, but the Pathfinder Bush pot is really very good! I used it a couple of times last summer and I did hold the lid when I drained the noodles but I think it isn't necessary because the lid fits very well.

Well locking bail, butterfly handles well made, well designed spout. It's in my opinion the best currently available camping pot. Works good as a kettle but serves as a well sized pot too.

It's simply a superior construction.

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Have you thought about the ones offered by Eagle Products of Norway? I have two - a small one for just me on the move and a bigger one for when I'm more static and able to enjoy a longer brew to the full. All stainless construction, copper-bottomed and pour without dribbling. They're not the cheapest but they will most definitely last!

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Had the 1.5 and 0.7 Eagle Products kettles and nice as they are I don't hold on to them for long. Have a GSI Glacier now and does the deed nicely. Have also had Trangia ones before.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
+1 for the GSI kettle.
I've had one for years.
Stainless, robust, goes over fire, sometimes in.
The lid stays on, it packs well with room for stuff inside, and, it pours really, really nicely.
In a pinch you can use it as a cooking pot because the lid/opening is big too.

For something so simple, it's really well thought out.

With the bonus of a lifetime warranty! Worth the investment if you ask me, without going to mass-production/a#@z!n

Last edited:
Reactions: slasha9

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Thanks for the replies. The square kettle looks interesting but the bottom has ridges so less use on a stove top.

The GSI was the best one I found when searching myself, and may end up with one. I would prefer something a little more robust and with a lid over the spout, whistling or just plain.

I'll have a look round a few shops tomorrow to see if I can pick anything up locally.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE