Sleeping bag recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 7, 2008
Newmarket
Hi all!

I am off to Berlin in April, and will be hammock camping in a friends patch of woodland for a bit of it. I have used my hammock setup in Scotland in august (altough the amount of rain made me question if I had misread my diary).

Since then, I made an underblanket which for insulation has 2, and in some areas 3 layers of 150gm/m2 thinsulate. (thickness about 1.5-2.0 inches when used, theretically more, but it never lofts as much as it does when layed out on its own.)

In scotland, I got away with just a quilt, but Berlin area in april, I am thinking I need to be a bit more cautious.

After lots of searching on this forum, I was planning on a alpkit skyhigh 600:

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16320&category_id=253

But it does not look like they will be instock ontime. My question (finally!) is, is there another decent quality down sleeping bag in the price range of the alpkit bag that would be suitable?

If not, can you recommend a synthetic bag?

Thanks for reading!

j.dee69

Mar 7, 2009
Lancashire
hi, i've got a mountain equipment classic 800 bag in very good condition thats going spare. if your interested pm me with your email and i'll send you some pics of it.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
I slept out last night in my new Carinthia Explorer Top MF:

A000372-00_z1.jpg

This is part of a sleeping system - in other words you can put another sleeping bag inside for really cold temps. I chose it because of that flexibility and because it would therefore be large inside without the second sleeping bag (I hate sleeping bags ;) )

According to them, as it is, it is good for summer temps. Well last night was officially +2C, but in the morning some shallow puddles were frozen over - but I had felt very warm - though I did wear my clothes when sleeping. (wool pullover, tracksuit bottoms, socks).

# Temp comfort: +10° C
# Temp. Limit: +7° C
# Temp. Extreme: -9° C
# weight: 1.050 g
# Packsize: 18 x 32 cm
# Filling: G-Loft (100% Polyester)
# Construction: 2-Layer Sandwich with Thermoflext
# external material: PERTEX (100% Polyamid)
# Internal material: PERTEX (100% Polyamid)
# shoulder size: 168 cm
# foot size: 118 cm
# body size: upto 200 cm
# style: quiltform
# colour: darkblue-yellow

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE