Mummy shaped Sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcoruhland

Life Member
Apr 23, 2020
Germany
the def4 ist the largest carinthia and in general carinthia is wider than snugpak

but for large heavyweight guys they all to small

i use for winter condition the savotta yukon (out of production) "same cheap chinese quality" like the def4 but for guys over 6'3 and 300 pound in combination with a jerven extreme this is good for -30°c

- for 3-season the gz-bag survival-xxl is good quality sleepingbag

if money is not a faktor you can order a custom phd for over 2000 £

mr

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Best bag I ever bought has Hollo-fill on the underside, down on the top side. The design was called a "barrel-bag" since it's about 1/3 wider in the middle than at the top and bottom.

Midnight leg aches, you can pull your knees up without the bag coming with you.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
I have the Dutch army M90. It is an absolute beast of a bag. I weigh 100 kg and it is big enough to move around inside and I can sleep comfortably on my side, or my front. It is big and weighty but if you are carrying it in a car its the best you can get. Make sure you get the cotton liner for it. It velcros in and makes it even snugglier inside. Also it removes easily for cleaning keeping the bag from needing to be washed. There is also a goretex bivi available that fits perfectly if you feel the need to sleep outside. Bag, liner and postage should be around 50 quid.

dutch-m90-sleeping-bag-militarymart_1600x.jpg

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I have the Dutch army M90. It is an absolute beast of a bag. I weigh 100 kg and it is big enough to move around inside and I can sleep comfortably on my side, or my front. It is big and weighty but if you are carrying it in a car its the best you can get. Make sure you get the cotton liner for it. It velcros in and makes it even snugglier inside. Also it removes easily for cleaning keeping the bag from needing to be washed. There is also a goretex bivi available that fits perfectly if you feel the need to sleep outside. Bag, liner and postage should be around 50 quid.

dutch-m90-sleeping-bag-militarymart_1600x.jpg

As you say, a beast of a bag, but just superb! Many modern bags would do well to follow some of the design features.........the cotton liner poppers in rather than velcro....or are there differing versions? Excellent addition.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE