Sky broadband and phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
I've had it before and I found:

Takes a long time to get sorted

first you get the TV
wait a week
then get phone line
wait 2 weeks
then you get the broadband

When I lived in the city centre it leeds the £5/month broadband was giving me approx 8 meg for downloading but when we moved to the surbs the phone line was a lot older and i was only getting speeds of 0.5 meg

I had to go virgin in the end

I would ask them to see how fast your phone line is first and what actual speeds to expect
anything over 5meg is acceptable if you want to use it for games & bbc iplayer etc

Its also unlimited usage which is good
Pretty cheap too if you want/have sky tv
customer service is ok too

I give it 3.5 icepops out of 5

If you dont need sky i would go talk talk or check moneysavingexpert.com if youre after best price

hope this helps

Nicolas

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Thanks. I have Sky and the line is capable of 5.5MB/s. Just found out though that my exchange doesn't qualify for the cheaper options; only the £17/month option is available. Grrrrr.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
I have Sky Max which costs me £10 a month but I use a LOT of bandwidth and grab 250Gb+ a month frequently. The service is very stable and doesn't drop out. I know this because I monitor it!

I use Cisco VoIP all day as my main work line and it works a treat.

Highly recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE