Skin on Kayak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That is going to be one beautiful craft when its finished. Not that it isnt already now.
Amazing to see when all of your hard learnt crafts come together.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Kayak is finished apart from a few odds and ends. It has to carry a shelter and sleeping system along with a few essential utensils, hopefully I will get them made soon. I hope to launch the Selkie this month if I get the time ........then on with the adventures...travelling and foraging along the Scottish coast. :)

Last edited:

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Good golly gosh (that’s toned down a lot) that’s stunning and amazing and beautiful and all the wonderful words that fail me to say I’m in awe.
I’ve not played in a canoe for a long time, but that wonder is so evocative. I’d be scared silly of damaging it in any way. But the feel and smell and sight are already formed in my head.

Suffice to say I like it :eek:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That is just absolutely stunning! Completely and utterly amazing! You have some serious skill and that is a museum quality piece, in fact it's better it's fantastic!

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thank you Patrick - the teasing went on for a long time - but the climactic conclusion was well worth it :D

That kyak is absolutely outstanding - truly a work of art!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Sir, she is a work of beauty. I am stunned. Wow.

I hope any vessel I make is even half as pretty as her.

OOI, what did you make the cordage from? Those harpoons are rather pretty also. More photos!

Thanks

Julia

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Wow! It looks like you've plucked that from a museum display....fantastic craftsmanship. That is a thing of beauty.

Sent from somewhere?

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Outstanding work from your heart and soul! As a modern day sit in kayak fisherman, I tip my hat to you for creating the beautiful craft in original form! I can't wait to see the pics of her maiden voyage and especially the pictures of the first fish caught from her.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE