show us your spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The mad welshman

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Louth. Lincs
Bit embarrassed really but it's my first and only attempt at a spoon to date (and I don't have any form of crook knife to make a deeper bowl):

579b0756.jpg
Why dont you try lino cutting tools..(available from good art suppliers) I've used them and thay are realy good and will give you a nice bowl in no time..thought this may help

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
started this one on saturday night whilst out wild camping with the family,just finished it today:

DSC03008.jpg

its carved from hazel sourced locally.

thanks for looking.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
If you compare these with the ones I posted earlier, I'd say my spoons are definitely improving :) I seasoned these in Peanut oil which still gives a nice dark colour, but doesn't impart nearly so much flavour as roasted sesame oil ;)

My pocket knife is provided for scale only. I didn't use it to carve these spoons, well I did a little but then gave up. Although extremely sharp I have slightly convexed the blade which doesn't seem to be a great grind for carving - does anyone else find this? The blade wants to burrow into the wood rather than shave little pieces off. I find my Scandi ground mora to carve better.

DSCF6515.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE