Show us your bimble bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

My bag! :D

I usually have a bottle of water, a torch and my folding saw. Depending on the weather/range some food items for a snack. I keep a pocket knife and lighter on me every day so no need to fill the bag with loads.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've toyed with the idea of a Gourdon Shewie.. Might be handy for my Canoe trip in September

Great bags, I use mine for soggy hiking day trips and also for snowboarding in winter

Shewie do you find the straps slip in wet weather on your gourdon ??

No mate I can't say I've ever noticed it, I don't have much weight in usually but even when it's a bit heavier I've not had any probs

Gujxy9u9ijW8CAj-3s13r-opJhVQ9BGmMidf7rSMzPI=w344-h257-p-no

RV2I4R1CCXvC0wxYz1L6_fZ8_eaTM40SO6LlodX6ESA=w344-h257-p-no

UAp0IRmqwzJYSsO_ORIOe8LFvnpAaEWGVTc9qD6gUTY=w343-h257-p-no

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
My day packs of choice are either a PLCE side pocket, or a Deuter Futura 32AC backpack. Which I take depends on what I am upto, and how much I'm carrying. I tend not to carry a brew kit with me, if I need a warm drink it's likely to be from a thermos. But typically I just carry an SS Nalgene bottle with squash in it.

J

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
This is mine.

Please note... I do not take all this for every walk. This is just the contents of the bag when it's at home. When I'm getting ready to go out I will dump the bits I don't need.

I usually take the smaller knife, leatherman and folding saw, and leave the nessmuk, sharpener and axe.

F7B4CC70-EC36-456E-8BA2-3C1F281D3833_zpsblbmjgfd.jpg

The rest is paracord (always comes in handy for pulling the buggy over rough ground from the front).
Torch, monocular, compass, map and water not shown, tinder pouch and fire lighting kit, note pad and pen (for when you get a geocache that's in two parts), dental floss, sewing kit, emergency money (in black tub), bandage and wet wipes.

Will normally contain hot crossed buns or a cold sausage sarni.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My basic bimble kit - I will often add a saw (but that is usually on my belt kit), flint and steel (belt kit again) Trangia triangle (if the weather is foul) or other kit as and when needed.
003.jpg
Here is a set that is basically designed for a quick trip - notebook, pen/pencil, binos, spare glasses, knife, 1st Aid, waterproof/emergency shelter, insect repellent, sweeties, water/brewkit, compass (more for noting nest sites than navigating :) ) whistle.
Fire/food/brew materials (if I am taking in stuff and not just making nettle or pine-needle tea), leatherman, tissues, Buff etc are either in my jacket and trouser pockets or on my belt.
The bag is made from an old Tipi that was severely rubbish with a rabbitskin cover that is one big pocket. The design is that of a giant Sporran pouch with a drawcord top.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have two bimble bags, both old. A 1940's gas mask bag for short outings and a 37 large pack modded into a haversack style for when more gear is needed.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
I have a no name canvas haversack (man bag) which holds most things I need for a day trip; wet proof, water, food, 1st aid, little survival tin, flint and steel plus whatever I feel I might need for the day. If I need to pack more stuff, I have a very old lowe alpine bum bag thing (the biggish sort with the holders for sigg bottles). I hardly use a rucksack any more.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
looks good John.
interesting bag

oooh and you have one of those swedish canteens and mug sets I covet.

soon one shall be mine oh yes it shall be mine (rubbing hands together)

Seems SIGG have discontinued them, along with the rest of their stainless steel single walled bottles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE