Show us your bimble bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
We're all pretty organised folk (well most of us)
it strikes me we are likely to have a bag with what we always carry for a bimble/amble or wander in the woods for a day in the woods.
so what do you always pack and what in?
haversack or rucksack?
do you pack a stove or rely on a wee brew fire?
fire steel or lighted that kinda thing.

I'll post mine in a few days as I'm currently rejigging everything I carry and need t get some time in the kit stores with my camera

look forward to see what you all take

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ooh nice thread mate!

I don't have any photos and won't have for a while as all my stuff is packed in dry bags for a three night canoe trip in the highlands in a week. :)

Bt I use a Fjallraven vintage 20l, great pack, very comfortable frame and it holds a fair bit- I've used it for overnighters before- lightweight minimal ones though.

In it I usually have a Gransfors small forest axe, a Gary Mills Timberwolf, a Bacho Laplander, a Kellam fixed blade pocket knife, two litres of water, some granola bars and a sandwich (depending on how LNG I'm planning to be out), some paracord and bankline, scotch eyed auger (NLT in spring, just tapped a birch on Saturday- delicious!), a pot and woodgas stove if I'm planning a brew although I'd not always (pot would be a mors pot, msr Titan kettle and a tamarack titanium mug). That's about it, a fair amount for a day trip but it only weighs about 4.5 kilos so you don't even notice it! :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nothing too fancy, Swedish gas mask bag, Swiss army Sigg bottle and mug, SAK Farmer and a bottle for my son, also a few palsters in a little bag

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Haven't got a pic of mine handy at the minute but I use a maxpedtion jumbo versipack. In it lives my bush box stove, Nalgene, tatonka cup, spare Swedish folding cup for friends, fire lighting kit, first aid kit, folding secateurrs with knife. Sometimes a ponch/tarp and if I'm going somewhere I can't have a fire, then I'll take my jetboil instead. Also nearly forgot to mention my small bino's.

Yep, you can fit a lot in those bags.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Nice thread. I'll contribute when I get a few pictures of mine.

I always find I have the necessities together in a small bag for a day hike, but can go into a bigger one for an over nighter or multi day trip. I suppose the concept is a bit like a less extreme version of a 'grab bag'.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
nowt wrong with that.
do like those flasks n mugs on my covet list for a while now

Mine is kept for transporting Port to the Bothy!!

As for a bimble bag- now the smallest one is out of nappies I can convert my Lifeventure bag into a Bimble bag- I'll get pics soon.

Last edited:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Depends sometimes a US buttpack but mostly in my pockets.

pockets : penknife, food, pilot flask, small first aid, compass, lighter

Butt pack : same kit plus hexi stove , metal mug more food hot drink, lighter/firesteel

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No pics but my bimble bag is either a MaxP Jumbo Versipack, Sabre Delta 25 or an Alpkit Gourdon if it's lashing it down

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Indeed. We often do luxury food when going to the Bothy- the look on folks faces when we unload a Tesco hessian bag and cook up sea bass, tatties, garlic bread and veg. Some nice wee pudding and then someone brings out a cheese board, knives and a selection of biscuits... All the while they are pretending to enjoy their pot noodles!
(We do offer it around though, we are not mean!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE