Should I buy a nice expensive watch ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi took my watch in today to have it regulated if you really want that watch have it but dont buy it if you want it to keep good time imho have a good 40th regards dave

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
Another way to look at it is that its something to pass on when you're not around. I think the accuracy is a non-issue to be honest that's not what your paying for.

I personally don't wear a watch unless I'm traveling somewhere or have appointments to keep, even then its just a cheap swatch.

My father on the other hand wears his Rolex every now and then although to look at him you would never believe it was real!

I say go for it if you fancy one, It'll always be worth money if you ever want to sell it on which is not the case with even good quality £100 watches, my swatch was worth £0 as soon as I took it out of the box.

ATB

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
It depends if you can afford it or not. I don't mean having the cash, but rather the mindset for you not to worry about it whilst wearing it. I know personally if I were to drop a few thousand on a watch, or a fountain pen or another luxury item, the anxiety of losing it or breaking it would detract from the pleasure recieved from it.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Think I'm gonna pass on the expensive watch thing. Got myself a Nite MX30 so that will do. For my 40th might treat myself to a nice canvas tent of some sorts and a nice woodburner, would get more satisfaction from these I think.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i was looking at a submariner today £4900 twenty years ago i would have baught it now my priorities have changed and i would rather spend it on something else good decision by yourself regards dave

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Higher end watch prices have gone silly in the last few years. Bought a nice watch 14 years ago. £850. Same watch now new £4,000. For those financially inclined that 12% price increase every year, compound. Someone is making a lot of money…..

Needless to say I don't wear it when out and about

NS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE