Shop warning.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Things over here are a little less controlled, in the case of pigs anyway you can slaughter and butcher your animal at home, it is a big family and friends event and a great deal of work for everyone. :)

You can here as well and some do. But the mobile butcher caters to those who would prefer raising their own without the work of butchering it themselves. Not to mention that obviously a professional butcher will likely do a better job. But they really come into their best when called for full grown beef cattle; or more rarely, buffalo.

Last edited:

AdamSon

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Co. Durham
I have worked in retail for about 5 year, it's safe to say I HATE it with a passion, my first retail shop was all about "pushing sales" and "up selling", I was warned numerous times that I risk getting the boot because I'm not trying hard enough to push sales and get add ons, my argument was that I can't sell something I don't believe is right for the customer just because the suits at head office say we have to. I even came back at my boss after his attempt at a bollocking with "sorry, but I have a conscience". I never got fired because he knew I was a bloody good worker(also the bike mechanic).

The job I'm currently in is much more relaxed, but it has a better reputation than the last one(same area of retail). The only problem I have now is the customers, 9 out of 10 are just rude, nasty, angry little people. But that's just down to the area unfortunately.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have worked in retail for about 5 year, it's safe to say I HATE it with a passion, my first retail shop was all about "pushing sales" and "up selling", I was warned numerous times that I risk getting the boot because I'm not trying hard enough to push sales and get add ons, my argument was that I can't sell something I don't believe is right for the customer just because the suits at head office say we have to. I even came back at my boss after his attempt at a bollocking with "sorry, but I have a conscience". I never got fired because he knew I was a bloody good worker(also the bike mechanic).

The job I'm currently in is much more relaxed, but it has a better reputation than the last one(same area of retail). The only problem I have now is the customers, 9 out of 10 are just rude, nasty, angry little people. But that's just down to the area unfortunately.

"Up selling" drives me bonkers. It has infected every type of retail now even my local new agents.
So I buy a newspaper and I am asked if I would like to buy some toilet rolls at a £1
I go to my local little supermarket to buy some smokes, I am asked if I would like to buy a pineapple??????

If i had wanted to buy any of the above they would be in my basket or on the counter.

I now ask them if they would like to buy an IT support contract or maybe an english longbow,

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
I like walking into certain electrical and computer retail stores and when I have been ignored or have had the brush off because I dont look important enough I pick up something that has an alarm sensor attached to it and when the alarm goes off and the assistant walks over and turns it off and then asks me if I require any assistance I reply no thank you I was just looking and then I walk out. I used to work in retail and I know how to react to customers and hence hate bad service of any kind.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I hate it when the shop assistant comes and asks if I want any help...If I want their help I will ask them, I don't go into Tescos and have a shop assistant ask me if I need any help so why do they loiter in the aisles leaping on anyone looking around...MUPPETS!

Almost as bad as the God botherers knocking on my door trying to give me a lecture...:rant::tapedshut

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
Maybe a free copy of the Mail instead? saying that I still wouldn't wipe my bum on it..

If you wipe your bum with the Mail too often, you may suffer from 'Skid Row Syndrome' whereby your rear end slowly turns into Nigel Farage. In fact, it's a little known fact that the current Nigel Farage is constituted of the posterior remains of Sebastian Bach, who wiped his bum with the Mail during concerts in the early 90s... Heard 'Youth Gone Wild' lately? EXACTLY!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE