Shocking story on BBC News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex...

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2007
Silverstone
i hear his keys jangling already.

Alex... bluntly m8 the title of the thread offended people, when they said so you've gone out of your way to publicly berate them. Bad form old chap.

You are quite right.

My apologies to anyone I may have offended. My intention was to obviously post an article that may casue a touch of controversy and as has been mentioned the title has slightly overshadowed the meaning of the post.

I was obviously a touch annoyed when I posted the original title, and have a bee in my bonnet about free speach etc.

Again apologies to all, I'll go back and delete my previous threads.

Thanks

Alex.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
I agree 100%

I disagree 100%. Inflicting harm as a punishment on cruel and vindictive people serves the purpose of allowing them to empathise with their victim and acts as a deterrent, it's totally different to mounting a gratuitous violent attack on any species of animal, human or otherwise. The attack on the fawn was proactive and pointless (not to mention nauseating and evil), beating the living daylights out of the criminals involved (by legal means) would be reactive and serve a very good purpose.

In response to the question, "which is the worse crime?", easy! Torturing a baby animal is a crime and wishing harm on the people who did it isn't a crime, so if anyone is having trouble deciding which behaviour is the "worse" they need to do a course in basic logic.

Last edited:

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
In response to the question, "which is the worse crime?", easy! Torturing a baby animal is a crime and wishing harm on the people who did it isn't a crime, so if anyone is having trouble deciding which behaviour is the "worse" they need to do a course in basic logic.

Perhaps 'wishing it' isn't criminal, but inflicting it in the manner described in the original post certainly would be. Far from basic logic, it would appear Locum is onto the advanced stuff already :rolleyes:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
What a disgusting and sickening thing to do..All too common these days sadly.

Its the three kids i feel sorry for,mummy didnt love them enough probably.

Whats going to happen to these wonderful examples of the human race i wonder?...

Alex...

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2007
Silverstone
Perhaps 'wishing it' isn't criminal, but inflicting it in the manner described in the original post certainly would be. Far from basic logic, it would appear Locum is onto the advanced stuff already :rolleyes:

I've been biting my tongue and removing my posts so not as to offend anyone.

BUT

I've not stated that violence should be inflicted on these pratts. If you're going to refer to my original post then do it properly. What you read in to it is your right but please do not misquote me.

I've bought from people on this site, I've also lent a lot of equipment to people, but frankly I'm rather hacked off at the response to this thread. I really do think this is an excellent site, so perhaps I should just keep my head down for a while.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Adze,

With all due respect, i have just come in and obviously the original threads have been deleted, but as someone just reading what is left, it seems your comments are kind of taking the issue away from this brutal pointless killing of a innocent life. I understand you probably have a very good point mate, but because any one new to this thread cant see what you are discussing, it really is pointless and you should probably discuss this with anyone interested by pm, the rest of us dont know what your talking about... lets stick to subject guys... i cant fathom how anyone could link the killing of a fawn with nazis and jews.....

All respect

Colin

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Colin,

The original post, first one in this thread both railed about the pointless, cruel and stupid actions of three teenagers in killing a fawn and then proceeded to, at least in appearance, display a wish by the OP to meet said teenagers 'down a dark alley' - I find it a little difficult to believe he meant to meet them to teach them the finer points of modern dance. This I found somewhat ironic, wishing a lack of cruelty in once sentence and a potential death sentence for said cruelty in the next.

Has the OP removed the first post then? I can still see it although the title, which was the original link between the nazi comments and this thread has now been changed.

Be under no illusion, I think of the actions of the teenagers in killing the fawn as deserving of our contempt, and proper punishment should be meted out for it.

However, I don't believe beating them to a pulp in a dark alley or inflicting some form of physical/corporal/capital punishment on them would be in any way helpful to the situation nor indicative of a civilized society.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I disagree 100%. Inflicting harm as a punishment on cruel and vindictive people serves the purpose of allowing them to empathise with their victim and acts as a deterrent, it's totally different to mounting a gratuitous violent attack on any species of animal, human or otherwise. The attack on the fawn was proactive and pointless (not to mention nauseating and evil), beating the living daylights out of the criminals involved (by legal means) would be reactive and serve a very good purpose.

I disagree 100%.
Many countries have corporal and capital punishment. Yet they still have crime.
All such punitive measures do is create resentment and show you get your own way with violence. The purpose of state is to protect its subjects and citizens, not harm them.
If any moderator thinks this looks like an overtly political posting and may open the flood gates then do feel free to delete it.

Also, we often hear about how bad things are nowadays and how it's all getting worse. So, can anyone tell me when the Golden Age when no acts of petty violence and malice occurred actually was? These kinds of things are disgusting and abhorrent, yet have always happened. And they've always been in the minority. We aren't going to the dogs.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I wonder if we should abandon this thread?

Everybody agrees that pointless cruelty to wild animals is wrong. Everybody agrees that those responsible should be punished.

How they are punished might be a good subject for a criminal justice website, but I don't think it's appropriate here. The original post did not explicitly advocate punishing them with violence but clearly implied it. Vigilante justice does not sit well with my idea of reason, civilisation and rule of law. I admit it has a 'gut reaction' appeal, but when you think about it a little deeper, it leads to all kinds of problems.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If youngsters are capable of beating older humans to death it comes as no surprise to me that they can kill an animal in this manner.

Legislation put into place to protect youngsters has in reality empowered them to behave in any manor they see fit. No discipline at home or School, children having children, powerless police and of course a dumbed down education and exam system etc. We've killed childhood with 'kindness'

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I wonder if we should abandon this thread?

Everybody agrees that pointless cruelty to wild animals is wrong. Everybody agrees that those responsible should be punished.

How they are punished might be a good subject for a criminal justice website, but I don't think it's appropriate here.

I agree 100% with that one as well.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Okay, it's a deliberately misleading title. But has anyone seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8405586.stm

What with a number of these issues, including the recent bushcraft post on the pigeon, I'm beginning to think that these things are becoming more and more common.

I find it a shame that "for legal reasons" they cannot be named. It's not as though they didn't know what they were doing for their age.

I would happily boycott any firm that ever employed them. I wonder what they will go on to do next.

Sorry for moaning, I know it's not a bushcrafty thing, but I wonder how many people would love to meet these gents in a dark alley and reeducate them in the rights and wrongs of society.

Moan over...........

Morons! and your quiete right they should be named

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
As discussed in 'Not the nine o'clock news' a fair few years ago....

The only answer is 'Off with their b......s'.

Sorry.no link...

But as I get older and wiser, I see that nothing short of a good thrashing will suffice.

I was once very liberal in view,indeed still am in many ways, but some things deserve a good dose of real 'summary justice'.

I can bet more of the kids my age learnt such as opposed to those given a social worker.

I've been there there on the front line,before and after public service.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE