Shear knives 3 & 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Here's two knives I've just about finished over the weekend.
Made from a set of garden shears .I'm not sure what metal that is but they make good knives.
Handles are made from Tufnol.

PIC_0350.jpg

PIC_0347.jpg

PIC_0346.jpg

PIC_0343.jpg

PIC_0341.jpg

PIC_0340.jpg

PIC_0339.jpg

PIC_0336.jpg

PIC_0334.jpg

PIC_0333.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Very nice bit of recycling there! I love the profile of the 2nd knife, looks like it would be a beast at most tasks!

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Gorgeous blades mate.

Leather work aint that hard, just take your time and make sure you got a nice big welt!

There are a few tutorials on here i think if you need advice.

ATB

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Nice work.

Been given 3 pairs of old shears and apart fom a nice set of smithy tongs i'm stuck for ideas (they are not meaty enough to make the Parang i was after)

but your knives are very insperational

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Good luck with it , just remember to anneal the steel first , and you have to work around that blooming pivot hole which makes it a bit more difficult.

Would like to see pics when it's done.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
you have to work around that blooming pivot hole which makes it a bit more difficult.

Thats why the big knife project is on standyby (i can't think of a good way to work around the hole)......although i just aquired a 650 gram cold chisel....that seems weighty enough for a BIG Knife if it is an easily H/T steel ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE