sharpest and worlds strongest knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Nah I think my hand sharpened mora knife sharpened by me (a.k.a. teh master) is sharper! Actually I can say with no ego that it's my sharpest knife ever. If, when I'm in the kitchen, would encounter god, god will be sliced into the sallad!

They are fantastic knifes if you are a chef but they have no flex you can't use them for filleting. They chop veg etc well but would be no good for bushcraft also you have to have a legit reason to have one as they can count as stealth knifes

um no
1 they are metal impregnated so will show up on a metal detector etc so arn't a stealth blade
2 They are kitchen knives and have a specific exemption in the wording of the Ban (domestic use )

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
If you had two of them, you could stab them into a board at an angle and use them like ceramic sticks to sharpen your real knife. :pirate:

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Stanley knife is useless for heavy cutting.

I wonder how that ceramic knife would do if tried on a bit of whittling? Say, a nice piece of seasoned yew? Bet it would either chip out immediately, or be useless because it had very acute bevels.

BobvanVelzen

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
Having owned 2 ceramic knives all I can tell you is this: keep em in the kitchen for your fish and veggie's. My first broke on a cob of corn (shattered through the whole kitchen), the second chipped badly in the drawer. Both were of a cheaper quality then the ones shown in the video though.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The programme ''how its made'' featured them, the are alot tougher than you'd think,and quite flexible,one of the test after manufacture had them hit side on with the blade handle locked in place and they took the impact no probs,they are really just kitchen knives especially for sushi,something to do with being more hygenic etc for this use

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
My wife bought a couple of the Aldi ceramic knives a while back. She likes them in the kitchen, although one of them has a black blade which I don't like much for a kitchen utensil. I think they were seven or eight pounds each, which isn't what I'd call very cheap for a kitchen knife when I've bought stainless Kitchen Devils for three pounds. The Aldi ceramic blades have what I would call a micro-serrated edge which, while not what I would call very sharp, tends to bite into things like tomato skin so that the knife actually cuts it rather than simply sliding over it which a sharper but smooth edge would do. I took one to Rough Close at the weekend to give it a try for food prep and I liked it too, it sliced bread very easily for example, and cut a string of sausages using just the weight of a sausage. I tried to make a feather stick with it and gave up on the idea pretty promptly because the edge was so blunt. The packaging warns about impact damage from things like dropping the blade onto something hard like crockery or a concrete floor. I haven't tested that aspect and I don't intend to unless one of the blades is damaged accidentally.

nunzionuk

I have a set of them in the kitchen, dont think I've ever had to sharpen them in the 6/7 years I've had them.

But then only use them for Veg and Fruit.

I know my mate was after one for his job, as they are non-conductive so safe to use for EOD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE