Shadowhawk course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It looks like an interesting course, I wish I could go but alas the word "WORK" springs to mind:( !
I hope you have a good time and look forward to hearing about it...

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Pablo

It's not always clear from the website but take your own food for the course! In the past folk have turned up not realising it was self catering.

By the way, you'll have a great time :)

Joff

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Joff,

Thanks for the tip. I find that Shadowhawk are a little vague on joining info. I've just got the kit list but still don't know exactly where it is apart from Canonteigne in Devon. Any ideas on exact location?

Cheers,

Pablo.

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
An OS map reference is SX835829 for the carpark. It is not too far from Chudleigh off the B3193.

It is surprisingly straight forward to get to. Wait in the TOP (the furthest) carpark for Max to turn up and he will throw your gear in the back of his Landie and take it for you - then you have to walk up to the site (about 1 mile uphill). Don't worry one of us will be there to show you the way.

Joff

Rod

On a new journey
Hi Pablo,

I'll see you there, I'm working with Max as a mentor for the course.

Take good boots and waterproofs. You won't need a shed load of kit. A good waterbottle/headtorch will help.

There is a main fire to cook on (under a parachute ) and the kettle is always on! Tea & coffee are provided, but by all means bring anything you prefer. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL please :nono:

Billy can & eating irons & mug if you don't eat boil in the bag 24/7

Tent or hammock as you prefer. Would suggest not a basha - the wood ants are ferocious :eek: ;)

The signs to Canonteign are pretty straightforward from the main road. Get to the carpark between 4 & 6pm and you will be met and guided up to where we are. You will need a Shadowhawk Car Pass to leave on your dash board. Hopefully Max will have sorted this out for you. :cool: PM me asap if not, and I will email you one.

I'm at Canonteign from this coming Tuesday - hence the asap bit

hope this helps
cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE