Screech........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay I'm weird, I admit it. But I really like screech when I'm out and about. I like a brew same as the next bloke but I often use puritabs and like something to take the taste away. Even if I boil falt warm still water is just.....bleh. So powdered "squash" is the order of the day. The isotonic Lucozade stuff is okay but way pricey and years ago I used "Rise & Shine" powder (remember that.......and Hax apple flakes too..........?) but these days screech is it.

Fortunately a fellah I know just go back from Helmand and has a "re-supply" for me....including.....wait for it......"Tropical flavour" screech!

Has anyone tried it? Is it as good as lemon????

Really looking forward to it!

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks John :)

If you get a lot I'm always happy to share......

Except Caol Ila...which is all mine.....bwahahahahaha

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Lidl do a powdered wild fruits (granulated) tea drink. It doesn't actually contain any tea or taste anything like tea and can be used hot or cold. It just tastes like ribena :). I love the stuff as I can't stand tea or coffee. I think a tub makes about 4 litres and costs 99p. I always have a zip lock bag of the stuff in my pack. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I quite like screech too.

My local chinese supermarket does oragne and mango powdered drink called "Eight o'clock" in 500g bags....
220.gif

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
i must admit i love the stuff but i aint had any in years, one of these "weigh your own" shops with the barrels in used to sell it and it was dirt cheap but then that was a long time ago. Gah nostalgic over powdered squash! Will try the Lidl stuff - sounds promising.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
better off snorting it, its gout inducing.
The lemon is OK

i think you can get powder Saft but your best of asking a sandi member and that is nice

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
I find screech's astringent effect revolting, and it is even more vile when warmed in the sun. It also leaves sediment in the bottom of your bottle.

For those that like it, I'll see if there's any kicking about in our stores.

An equally nasty squash currently being served on a daily basis in my Mess - a week's worth of e-numbers in one glass. Available in eye-wateringly strong orange, or dental mouthwash red.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE