Scottish Bushcraft outfit?

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I do think kilts are cool but I'm not a Highland Scot so I don't get to wear one :( . Not sure about camo though.
The Mors Kochanski style bonnet is very nice, I've always fancied one and I have a bit of a hat fetish...

Reactions: CLEM

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I could manage a great kilt from dpm quite quickly :rolleyes: :D Axe and billhook instead of Claymore and dirk?
But you'd need to show off your legs :p

Cheers,
Toddy

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
wow now that's a cool kilt what clan is that ?:D

Just noticed its made of cotton wouldn't want to be out round Glasgow in november in that!!!!!! brrrrr:bluThinki ( we need a cold and blue smile)

James

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They've even got a camouflage sporran :lmao:
Actually.....I've got 30m of plain cream coloured twill wool...wonder if I can manage camouflage from natural dyes on it? Now that'd be a true bushcraft Arisaid :D

I sent the link to my eldest, his response was unprintable.....like he reckons Jack McConnel's kilt ought to have been :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
A cotton kilt would be great for the summer.Even a light weight wool one gets a wee bit warm. :)

The DPM sporran is going a wee bit far though. :rolleyes:

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Just had a nother look I got to get me an urban camo one with a matching sporan cool:cool: ;)

sr_swhdr_grey_camo_kilt.jpg

James

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Snufkin said:
I do think kilts are cool but I'm not a Highland Scot so I don't get to wear one :( . Not sure about camo though.
The Mors Kochanski style bonnet is very nice, I've always fancied one and I have a bit of a hat fetish...

Anyone can wear a kilt.

I think the green DPM looks quite good actually.

If I can persuade SWMBO,might just get one. :p

sourdough

Apr 25, 2005
Dumfries
The urban camo kilt reminds me of a paint pot accident I witnessed in a B&Q store years ago. Still, everyone to their taste.

On that fun side, has anyone seen the "highland dress" outfits sold by the tourist shops in Edinburgh? £50 for a full outfit and shockingly badly made!!

For a more bushcraft friendly sporran, I would suggest looking at this link:

http://www.getshirty.com/getshirty/dept.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=3007&WT%2Esvl=deptnav2

Skallagrimm

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
sourdough said:
On that fun side, has anyone seen the "highland dress" outfits sold by the tourist shops in Edinburgh? £50 for a full outfit and shockingly badly made!!

For a more bushcraft friendly sporran, I would suggest looking at this link:

http://www.getshirty.com/getshirty/dept.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=3007&WT%2Esvl=deptnav2

Skallagrimm

The £50 kit is probably made abroad.The MOD is considering sourcing tartan for Scottish regiments in foreign climes as well. :(

Link no work. :confused:

Edit: Copy and paste works.

PS:like the blue rabbit sporran. :rolleyes:

sourdough

Apr 25, 2005
Dumfries
Kilts for our regiments (or should we now say -Regiment!! :( :( :( )to be made abroad. That is shocking.

But as Government has decided to have a "Regiment of Scotland" instead of The Black Watch etc what else can we expect!!! My view is totally :censored:

Aw ra best

Skallagrimm

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
BorderReiver said:
Anyone can wear a kilt.
True. But I tend to view it as traditional Highland dress and I wasn't born in the highlands so.... And weren't a lot of the tartans invented by the Victorians when it became cool to show off your Scottish connections? Doesn't mean to say they are any less valid or anyone else shouldn't wear them it just wouldn't feel right for me.
However if I got invited to, say, a wedding in Scotland, and the bride and groom insisted on tradition dress I'd jump at the chance :) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE