School,only bushcraft style.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
One thing, if not several things, i have learnt from this forum, is that you can post pics and a report of your exploits, and even welcome comments good and bad, but you must not let the so called experts,purists and keyboard warriors,dampen your spirit or enthusiasm, or stop you posting future camps,days out,expeditions etc.

So good on you Fish, i wouldn't have minded being one of your kids!

Keep em coming pal.

Ivan...

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
I see a great family unit, who are strong in confidence, team work, loyalty, and most importantly love. Mr Fish, can you adopt a 40 uhm+ because I'm jealous as sin of your boys.

Lots of comments on the mistakes and maybe poor bushcraft skills being made, but this is a Father letting his boys explore and develope their own skills and knowledge, is that not what days like this are for, haven't we all made mistakes and said whoops won't do that again.

Mr Fish, a thousand salutes to you and yours keep doing what your doing,

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
There is nowt like doing what you love with your kids.

Out of interest, do your kids go to school, or is it just the important stuff you teach them?

no i dont send them to school,the government system is deeply flawed and my kids deserve better,their old schools recent ofstead report was 'good' our report from the local education authority was 'outstanding'. sayes it all really.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
One thing, if not several things, i have learnt from this forum, is that you can post pics and a report of your exploits, and even welcome comments good and bad, but you must not let the so called experts,purists and keyboard warriors,dampen your spirit or enthusiasm, or stop you posting future camps,days out,expeditions etc.

So good on you Fish, i wouldn't have minded being one of your kids!

Keep em coming pal.

Ivan...

Chuckle, chuckle ... yay, Ivan :bigok:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
no i dont send them to school,the government system is deeply flawed and my kids deserve better,their old schools recent ofstead report was 'good' our report from the local education authority was 'outstanding'. sayes it all really.

Preaching to the converted here, you know my profession?

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Preaching to the converted here, you know my profession?

teacher? lol

i feel so sorry for the teachers,one teacher i knew at my kids old school was so full of zeal for teaching,1 year on he was depressed and spent moretime towwing the line and paperwork he quit.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
teacher? lol

i feel so sorry for the teachers,one teacher i knew at my kids old school was so full of zeal for teaching,1 year on he was depressed and spent moretime towwing the line and paperwork he quit.

Nail on the head. I am now a supply teacher, walk in, walk out. I get much more time with the pupils and talk across subjects more than I ever did in my subject.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
What report, is there now a formal reporting and grading system for home schooling? I thought it was informal visits and the ultimate sanction of requiring the child to attend school. I saw something that a system of registering home schooled children was being discussed.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Good stuff. Looks like the wee man on the right in the last pic has the same opinion as me about Dunlop wellies!

I had them as a kid and swore I'd never wear them again.

mrs fish

Jun 20, 2013
back of beyound
Hi I am mrs fish and fish is my husband we homeschool our boys so they don't got to a state school but they do get an education when the weather is good we go out in the woods and do practical stuff when the weather is bad we do the academics of school like english and maths etc and best of all they are all very happy and healthy kids

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Hi I am mrs fish and fish is my husband we homeschool our boys so they don't got to a state school but they do get an education when the weather is good we go out in the woods and do practical stuff when the weather is bad we do the academics of school like english and maths etc and best of all they are all very happy and healthy kids

Hello mrs fish

I'm looking forward to meeting you and me fish at the next meet and of course your little fishes
As for the home schooling I wish I had the intelligence and character to do it we miss out on so much of our kids time which we can never get back trust me I know playing catch up doesn't makeup for it
I for one am truly envious

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Nail on the head. I am now a supply teacher, walk in, walk out. I get much more time with the pupils and talk across subjects more than I ever did in my subject.

My husband became a supply teacher in the UK because of the same problem. He hated the admin side of things and just wanted to teach. We are now homeschooling our children in France.

Seabass

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2012
Borders, Scotland
They're clearly having superb fun....

I've had several outings with my 3 yr old already. He's already learning lots - so far basics of a fire, looking at bugs and beasties, pond dipping and respecting the environment. Obviously safety is key and as he gets older we'll do more dangerous activities. He regularly asks if we can go to the woods soon.

I just wish more parents took the time to teach these sorts of things and it would lead to better behaviour and more respect for each other. Bet you can guess my day job too!

JC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE