Scary sharp knife sharpener

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just watched this. Pay attention to the last bit where it rotates away from him so the blade can't be thrown at him
Looks good. Reckon I'll try one for a couple of new projects I'm working on.
He doesn't say but I reckon it needs to be bigger than the motor diameter ;)

[video=youtube;pZt6xcgyqb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZt6xcgyqb8[/video]

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That's funny, I watched this yesterday but didn't know whether to post it as it seemed gimmicky ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Seen it, and it's a neat idea. The lad himself is very talented, especially considering his age!

If you have time watch his drill lathe video, it's copied plans but executed very well. Lot's of potential in the lads future.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Anyone know what polishing compound and grade etc. he is using?

(I've never used any polishing compounds, so haven't got a scoobie ;))

And where to buy it from.

Ta.
rorymax

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
So-called polishing compounds are abrasives. Don't ever believe anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.
Yes, they scratch the surface but so finely that the unaided human eye can't see it (try a 10X magnifier as proof).

Chromium Oxide III (green color) has a nominal particle diameter of about 0.5 micron. Iron and copper oxides
(shades of brown, reds and yellows aka "rust) have nominal diameters of 0.25 - 0.4 microns, Aluminum Oxide is in that range as well.
The carrier is usually some high weight petroleum wax.

I use the Lee Valley mix of CrOx/AlOx on box card for steel edges, sweeps, adzes and flats. (Leather is really inadequate these days).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE