Saw a Puffin with a Sandeel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This Big........

This-Big.jpg

;)

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
Great pics, I'm lucky enough to live near-ish Bempton cliffs which are home to gannets, Puffins and loads of other seabirds. I've yet to get some good pics of Puffins so well done and thanks for sharing.
What camera are you using by the way?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I used to be professional but I consider myself a hobbyist now (Although my library will probably end up being my pension one day.)

I'm using a Canon 5D and a couple of marque zooms for most of my stuff. It's a lot lighter than lugging my old film outfit around.

Of course they would be considered ancient technology these days.

madelinew

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
Isle of Wight
Hate you - this is my shot of a puffin and the only reason I knew it was a puffin at the time was cos the guy on the boat with me told me so! And if I zoom in really tight to the picture I can just about make out the puffin shape

DSC_0175.jpg

I did get this later in the day though and do you know how hard it is to photograph these?! :)

dsc_01042.jpg

This was better though :D

dsc_00992.jpg

Minke whale if you're wondering and the're all taken on the Isle of Skye

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Those photos are great. I found on farne you can get so close and they just dont bother.
I did some work for the national trust up at farne about four years ago. They wanted me to create a booklet and some cartoon character birds. Simon the Shag I remember was one of them. I have no idea if they used them anywhere or not, but I had a great trip and the wardens pulled a baby puffin out the hole to show me. :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
...did you see a shag called simon anywhere? Or a puffin, I think it was patricia or something. I didnt chose these names!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I didn't notice them anywhere but I was out photographing the birds most of the time so I didn't really look into the visitor center.

Aw :(
I was wondering because I suddenly got a cheque for 70 quid from the national trust last week. I cant think why unless they reused my stuff. I did the origional work for free so I havent phoned them to ask why incase it was a mistake!

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
lovely photos! Was on isles of scilly last weekend and saw a white puffin. never seen one before but mate took a photo so i'll try to get it from her to post up.

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
photo of white puffin as promised for those of you who're interested........

Attachments

• puffin (Small).jpg
    puffin (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 69

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE