sand blaster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MickG

Forager
Feb 2, 2009
Blackwood South Wales
Hi
Has anyone used a sand blaster for use on a karcher pressure washer?
Looking for one to blast the paint and rust off a cement mixer and a metal garden seat before rust proofing and painting
How long will a 25kg bag of sand last?
Thanks
Mick

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
ive not but i bet a local powder coater would do you a good deal. how much is the karcher conversion kit? i got a mountain bike frame blasted, primed and powder coated for £20. i would weigh up the diy costs and get a quote

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Bought one a few months ago to strip back some old mini alloys for restoring and it did nothing. Really hard to get working properly in the first place and it didn't have much more power than the force of the water itself. Go professional or buy a compressor.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
lidles had compressors and sandblasting kits in last week, dunno if they are still there?

If it's just a couple of odd things you want to do then I'd say either get them done by somebody with the kit (maybe ask around local fabricators or bodyshops and see if a few beers will help?) or see about hiring the setup from a hire shop. I just bought a compressor and sandblasting set (not rrived yet) and it came to over £800

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE