What's the deal with sleeping bag comfort ratings?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
leave my clothes somewhere dry
In the taiga winter there is no such place in the military. If just left outside and no snow fall it'll take some days before the clothes would be dry or at least dryer.
keep my uzi warm within the sleepingbag
Why, it should work even when cold. Actually we were told not to take AKs into the warm tent (if we had one) condensation and after that ice caused some funny situations like solidly frozen gas pistons. Not so funny if it had been war time.

In the winter a stove warmed tent has very high humidity because of the snow floor and everybody trying to dry equipment. Take a gun in from -35C to +20C and 90% humidity the gun is almost instantly thoroughly wet.

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
Why, it should work even when cold. Actually we were told not to take AKs into the warm tent (if we had one) condensation and after that ice caused some funny situations like solidly frozen gas pistons. Not so funny if it had been war time.
Had nothing to do with the uzi working or not :) All who left it laying around found there uzi's gone the next morning... They were taken by the sergeant as a lesson to never leave your weapon laying around. Imagine telling your sergeant you lost your uzi which he already knows because he took it. That was fun for the whole platoon minus 3 soldiers :D

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Somehow that sounds familiar. That frozen gas piston did happen. We left the guns by the tent door so they would be in as cold as possible but still visible from the inside

Reactions: Great egret

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE