Samick SKB (Archery)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I am thinking of buying a Samick SKB, does anyone have one and what do they think of it please ?

Not sure what Draw weight to get, as I have read they draw lighter than stated. it seems they measured the draw weight at 31" when most others measure it at 28", but I have also read they are now measured at 28"??.

I keep looking at Grozer bows but have decided the SKB would be better.

MikT

Last edited:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Not got a SKB, but I'm please with my Samick Lightning.

Samick enlarged their range in recent years, the SKB is one of their older models.

My bow seems to be about the rated weight at 28", according to the 'Armstong bow press' (comparing it with another bow).

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I used to have the SHB, which is the one-piece version of the SKB. it was a very nice little bow, especially for the price. I think you'll be ok with the SKB, much more accurate than the mongols but lacks something in terms of quirkiness and fun for me.

As for draw weight, that depends on your physique and how used ot shooting your muscles are. The joy of the SKB is that you can always buy new limbs ;) most archery shops will do a trade in so you can get the next weight a bit cheaper, maybe second hand cheap. If you've not shot much, maybe start with something like 35lb until you get used to shooting it, then go up as high as you feel you are comfortable with when you get used to shooting the bow.

nb. your draw length will make a big difference too. A bow measured at 40lb at 28" will only be around 38lb on my 26 1/2" draw, but could race up to nearly 50lb if you have a 30" draw!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE