Salamander firesteel pass around

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Just to let everyone involved in the pass around that there has been an unforeseen delay. It will continue as soon as possible but just thought I'd let everyone know.

Cheers

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Ok Elen, send me your address via pm, you'll need to send it to forgecorvus too.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hello guys n gals.
Everything has been sorted out now so we can get back on track.

Im going to be posting a different steel to the one pictured above to mesquite. This one is my personal firesteel. It's a bit rougher round the edges and the blade shape is ever so slightly different but it works just as well.

The kydex sheath that it will come with is also a bit on the rough side. It's the prototype of the prototype sheath as it were. Sadly I've not got any kit to play around with the kydex at the new house but I'll get it sorted eventually.

Cheers

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Andy,
Many thanks for understanding the tough times we experienced over the last month or so.

To others in the pass around, please accept my apologies for delaying this.

Simon

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi Andy,
Many thanks for understanding the tough times we experienced over the last month or so.

To others in the pass around, please accept my apologies for delaying this.

Simon

Not a problem mate.

I've just been to the post office and posted the new one on to mesquite.

all the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm told mesquite is going to be posting the blade on shortly now the festivities have calmed down.

Its worth mentioning that the kydex sheath is meant to be an "in use" addition to the blade.

You can strike the spine of the steel whilst the blade is in the sheath. Hence protecting any fingers that might be in the way.

So you can take it out to scrape your tinder, then if you are concerned about cutting your fingers, you can simple replace the blade into the sheath, and strike without concern.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Right ladies and gents I'm getting a bit fed up with this now. This should have been over and done with months ago.
Not one member has posted to report that they have received this item or indeed have posted it on as I assumed they would have done.

No one seems to have stuck to the rules of 4 days per person. I appreciate we got off to a bad start but that was due to unforeseen circumstances and is no ones fault.

My last pass around was a doddle. Everyone maintained good communication throughout and went without any hiccups.

Frankly it feels like my good will is being abused and taken advantage of. Best part of a month since my last post in this thread, with not a single post from any other member involved...

I appreciate life gets in the way of things like this but when someone offers you the chance to play with a tool they have hand made and sell for a not inconsiderable amount of money, I'd expect a little bit if common courtesy with regards to keeping everyone else involved up to date.

Andy

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I just want to say, Everything Mac, that I feel your pain!
Some time back I used to pass around tools and packs for people to try, only for them to completely disappear without any word of where they went.
In the end I stopped doing it. I hope whomever has it pulls their finger out and sends it on.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Lost for words? , I must admit its been that long since I said I'd like to be on board, an then never hearing more reports other than Simon receiving it........I totally forgot. I feel shyte for you . I'm sure there will be an explanation. Not one for kangaroo courts but Im in agreement that lack of comms is not excusable. I hope it finds its way back to you. Don't know what else I could say, other than thanks for at least being prepared to put your trust in me.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm all for finishing the pass around Chis. I don't see why it should end early. I just expected better comms. Just a simple it's with me... I've posted it too.... Would have sufficed. Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE