SAK spartan

T

tommy11

Does anyone else own the swiss army spartan knife?

It's good for opening bottles and cutting. I think they've been reduced in price since I bought one off amazon.co.uk

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i have one on my keys,..BUT!,...

have a look at the Tinker instead,...

it swaps out the corkscrew for a philips screwdriver,...

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
I've two spartans.
The top one is retired (22 years old and broken), the newer one is 10 years old.

Notice the difference: 20 years ago there were no toothpick and tweezers on the spartan.

victorinoxspartan.jpg

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Permanently in the top pocket of my rucky.
It's black so I added bright blue cord to the ring in case I drop it. Had it for (wow) 10 years or so and it is just ace. No saw, scissors or other stuff, just a knife that opens wine, beer and beans. I mean, what more do you want??

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I put mine on gift it on when I bought the new pioneer (rebranded alox soldier), good knife the Spartan, nice non-fussy spec and has the all important drinking implements too! Gets my vote:)

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I've carried a Spartan or Tinker in my pocket for over 30 years. When I wear one out I'll buy one or the other as a replacement, depending on which one is available at the time.
These are great little knives. I'd be lost without one as I use it daily.

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
i've got two of them,one i bought second hand,written economy on the blade,and no tweezers,i carry almost forgottent in my backpack,as a backup,and a new one with tweezers at my working trousers belt!
they've got everything,if you don't need a saw,scissors,or you have them separately,plus a hatchet to wack some wood,and you can face anything!

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
I've have one in my pocket for the last 3 years or so, even if I have another "better" knife, the Spartan still gets carried. The toothpick is indispensable :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE