sak farmer horizontal pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
heres a pouch i had made by topknot, it holds a sak farmer small sharpening stone and a detachable fire steel. pics also show a possibles pouch that andy also made. i think he realy pushed the boat out on the design of the sak pouch and did an excellent job. heres some pics:

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

the pouch on my slender waistline (28" same as my biceps!)

thanks for looking

rob

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like that a lot, also the pouch nice detailed work.
I remember those days with a 28 inch waist 40 years ago mind.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Beautiful work. I would wear that more for the craftsmanship than functionality - what I love about saks is their compactness for carrying in a pocket.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't even 28" when I was born! Nice work mate.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I know what you mean as regards the craftsmanship. Andy realy put a lot of thought & effort in to the design, & it works well. With the firesteel & holder being removable it makes it a good everyday carry.

Rob

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Andy made me an open topped pouch for my SAK farmer that goes on my belt every time I go out to play.
The Farmer fits perfectly and it's a great example of quality leather work.
Thanks again mate.

Euan

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Rob,
I am glad that you are pleased with the leather work. This is my sak side lay case which lives on my working trousers for the last 2 yrs.

dsc00119i.jpg

Cheers Andy

Ps where did you get that old smock from ?

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi Andy,

Sorry it took so long to put the photo's up, but i'm a bit challenged in the computer department, and needed some one to do it for me. The smock is a Silvermans copy of the ww2 sas smock, to which i've added a neck zip.

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Bringing this thread back from the grave, following the post about additions to a sheath, thought folks who missed this first time might find it of interest.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE