Sabre 45 dry bag size

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I wanted to find a drybag that I can use in the main compartment of the sack, that does not restrict the size.

I was given one a while bag, to which I am very greatful, but when I use it I cant put my nanok -10 in sideways at the bottom, I have to use a bin liner.

If anyone can give me some advice it would be great. Magickelly is ordering some exped bags, I would love to know the size so I can get one ordered.

Thanks

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
I have recently bought some exped bags I didn’t know what size to get so I bought 1 of each xxxS - xxxL... :lmao: Im glad I did ive found a use for all of them, from first aid kit to stuff sack for my reindeer skin, good bit of kit.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
As gregorach said there is an Exped waterproof rucksac liner 40, mine is from the black collection and has the number 5001 on the other side of the lable, great bit of kit mate, hope that helps in your search,

Brian

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Fred,

Try either the Medium exped, numbered 6010 or the Large fold-drybag exped number 5001. Both fit but my side pouches are in the loft, my ladders are in my shed and my dry bags are in the spare bedroom, so I'm guessing a little but both should be OK :D

Brian

Scuba Pete said:
I wanted to find a drybag that I can use in the main compartment of the sack, that does not restrict the size.

Hi Scuba,

My advice would be to use a several verious sized bags instead of one large one.

This makes removing certain bits of kit easy esp. if its raining and also give you a little bit of a back up should, heaven forbid, you damage a bag (BTW I've had the leather cover to my SFA come off in my bergen)

This method also allow me to keep cameras, bin's and other delicate items dry, safe and easy to get at ;)

The main compartment of my bergen is approx. 90ltr and I used 5 various sized drybags in it.

Hope this helps :D

Phil.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
As Phil said its always best not to put all your eggs in one basket, in my bergen I have an 90 litre Ortlieb bag and inside that I have as many smaller dry bags as I need for the rest of my kit, just in case. :rolleyes:

Brian

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for the help with the drybags for the side pockets. The way its raining here at the moment I'm tempted to pack the canoe in the drive just in case! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE