Rucksack advice needed please.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi, I'm after a decent sized rucksack for up to week long excursions. I'm 6'3 so obviously it needs to have a long back length. I've been looking at the Sabre 75 which i like, would i have problems?

Thanks
Mark

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I think the general consensus is that you need to try these things on (and load them up if possible) to get a better idea. I know some rucks (older vulcan) came in different back lengths and some come with adjustable back padding etc but I don't have specifics on the sabre 75 other than the Fformat thingy that can be shaped. Some people seem more able to get on with rucks that don't fit 100% and some rucks can be really weird and seem made to fit quasimodo so I really would recommend trying before buying.

I've got a 35L Lowe Alpine (no adjust) and a size 3 80+20L Bergy Vulcan, both fit fine (6 footer) may not so fine after a huge march in them but OK for about 10 miles.

Cheers,

Alan

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
I'm 6'3 as well, and am quite happy with my Highlander Forces 88. The back is very adjustable lengthwise and there's still plenty adjust ability left for taller folks... Not very expensive either, but as Chainsaw said: try it on with some weight in it if you can (I didn't) and see if it feels good...

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Money isn't really an issue. It will be mainly used for long hikes of up to a week, rough camping along the way.

I shoot regularly aswell so it will be used for weekend forays.It needs to be well built as it will be carrying a 3ltr charging bottle.

I've been to the outdoor shops that i know of around here but the products there are mainly dodgy colours and i dont like them. Cant find what im after.

Thanks for the answers so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE