Rough Close Spring TORM Meet 12 - 16 March 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Next section done ~ gradually getting to the path this ditch should drain ;)

I'll update post #01 shortly :D

Where we're now up to:

The next bit goes through the brambles:

The boggy path the ditch will help drain:

The closer to the pathway I get, the sloppier the digging has become :yikes: . Here's hoping that all goes according to plan! ;)

Why it needs bridging:

Yes, that dip we used to walk across entering the pitch is the ditch I've been digging ~ basically I've been bisecting the pitch :eek:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
looking good. I don't suppose you fancy digging some ditches in my woods then do you? :D

1. Decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
9. Wayland and maybe Debs.
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I thought I recognised the area :)

:D I did wonder whether anyone would recognise some of the trees and question where I was going with the ditch ... ;) :)

Nice work and it's going to make the night time walks fun :rolleyes:

Roughly 10 to 12 hours over four sessions :)

As for nocturnal fun and remembering that it's there, that's why I added ...

• The site is in the process of reintroducing the old drainage ditches on P.C.11 ~ use of eyes, torch(es) and common Sense should avoid any unnecessary incident(s)

... to post #01 and have been bumping the thread with updates to the work ;) :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
looking good. I don't suppose you fancy digging some ditches in my woods then do you? :D

Could be persuaded, what's the pay? :D :p

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
>>>

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Could be persuaded, what's the pay? :D :p

Why it needs bridging:

>>>

What's the cost more like. :D

Bridge over the river Why? :rolleyes: Looks like I need to bring some 'cover my rear end' liability cyalumes. :stretcher:

How are we looking for some non refractory wood for the communal like? Neil won't have room to bring any this time. Are there any rounds locally that we can chuck in for?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
What's the cost more like. :D

Always a trade off between the two ;)

Bridge over the river Why? :rolleyes:

'cus I'm going soft in my old age :D

Looks like I need to bring some 'cover my rear end' liability cyalumes. :stretcher:

USB fairy-light skirt? ... or are you referring to seeing the ditch in the dark? :p :eek:

Plenty of time between now and the Meet ~ (hopefully) the pathway will be usable again and a couple of bridges will be in by then ;)

:evilangel: If not the first to splash stays where they are for the ease of others? :evilangel:

(we're rufty tufty bushcrafters and I'm sure a ditch will be a minor triviality :D )

How are we looking for some non refractory wood for the communal like? Neil won't have room to bring any this time. Are there any rounds locally that we can chuck in for?

Ah, I refer you to post #01 ;)

Helpful info:

• Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.
  • Due to changes in site policy, we cannot cut down standing dead wood. The same goes for green wood ~ damaged or not.

By need I'm going to be biking it again and it'll be enough on my legs and lungs to transport the chute, the rigging kit, the fire pit, Rob's chair and my own kit without trying to lug wood :yikes: :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Quick ditch update ...

And the ditch has reached the path :D

Again, it's not taking long for some water to make its way in ~ a hopefully a good sign for improved drainage on the path ...

At some point the path will need digging out and a french drain or bridge putting in ...

The ditch on the other side of the path :yikes: (If you can't quite make it out it it's the slight depression which runs from the bottom right to the upper mid left ...)

And, at some point, I'll be working to improve the drainage for the top bit of the path as well ;) . Has the makings of a messy job, this one ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Congratulations, you've done well constructing your trap for unwary campers ; )

:rofl: At least we know that folk coming to the Meet will have kept up with any editing of post #01 :D :angel:

It keeps you out of Rosies' way :lmao:

She's taken to joining me ~ she's been working out where the old ditches were and trimming the shrubbery so we can work out where to go next ;)

EDIT: Think we need this bit bumping to make it easier to find in the banter :eek:

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
>>>

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Perhaps he didn't like leeks??? :eek:

:lmao:

Neither do I when they are in my shop doorway!

:nutkick:

Oh I do miss my Airedale, she used to hit the plate glass door full pelt resulting in a terrified drunk staggering back into the street leaving a trail behind him.

Last edited:

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
12. Hammock_man ( Coach tickets booked)
13. Phoenix (ditto)
>>>

Last edited:

ToveRebecca

Jul 4, 2014
Aylesbury
toverebecca.com
1. decorum
2. Mesquite
3. Midnitehound
4. Neil and Clare
5. Treadlightly
6. TinkyPete
7. Rob L
8. Bilmo (TBC)
10. Stonehippo
11. Dave Budd
12. Hammock_man ( Coach tickets booked)
13. Phoenix (ditto)
14. ToveRebecca (TBC!)
>>>

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?

The meat will be at cost and only about £1-1.50.

We'll also be providing the cooking facilities and sundries.

1. MNH 1xRoo 1xOsti 1xBambi
2. Rob 1xRoo 1xOsti 1xBambi?

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone want Kangaroo, Ostrich or Venison burgers on the Friday night, in a roll like?

The meat will be at cost and only about £1-1.50.

We'll also be providing the cooking facilities and sundries.

Aye, I'll go for some of that please Phil :)

1. MNH 1xRoo 1xOsti 1xBambi
2. Rob 1xRoo 1xOsti 1xBambi?
3. Mesquite 1 x Roo, 1 x Osti, 1 x Bambi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE