Rough Close Meet September 05 - 07 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include both and this line in the paste.

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite (arriving early Friday evening with no communal kit)
3. MartinK9 - Fri 05 to Mon 08 Sept
4 . Twodogs (TBC)
5. TinkyPete (TBC due to work) but I do hope I can make this one
6. Jacko1066 (TBC)
7. Humpback (TBC -hands)
8. udamiano
9. John Fenna - I may be able to fit in a little communal kit....
10. ToveRebecca (Saturday afternoon to Sunday)
11. Andy BB (TBC)[/QUOTE]
12. Lupin rider - john (i'll aim for friday evening as well)
13 Wandering1 midday friday to monday evening communal kit (firebox tripod possible frontier-stove)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include both and this line in the paste.

Meet List:

1. decorum
4 . Twodogs (TBC)
6. Jacko1066 (TBC)
7. Humpback (TBC -hands)
8. udamiano
11. Andy BB (TBC)
12. Lupin rider - john (i'll aim for friday evening as well)
13 Wandering1 midday friday to monday evening communal kit (firebox tripod possible frontier-stove)
14 Treadlightly TBC

I should be able to make it.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I should be able to make it.

Been a while, it'll be good to catch up :D

You WILL make it!

John, Rosie's found the long misplaced gift she bought for you in 2012 and has also made 'something special' just for you :D

Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Twodogs (TBC)
6. Jacko1066 (TBC)
7. Humpback (TBC - hands)
8. udamiano
12. Lupin rider - John (i'll aim for Friday evening as well)
13. Wandering1 midday Friday to Monday evening communal kit (firebox tripod possible frontier-stove)
14. treadlightly
15. shaggystu ~ diary allowing (post #20)

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Won't be able to make this one chaps, I'm away with work. Have a good one :)

Meet List:

1. decorum
4. Twodogs (TBC)
6. Jacko1066 (TBC)
7. Humpback (TBC - hands)
8. udamiano
12. Lupin rider - John (i'll aim for Friday evening as well)
13. Wandering1 midday Friday to Monday evening communal kit (firebox tripod possible frontier-stove)
14. treadlightly

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok... I bought 5 bags of logs this morning for the communal fire for £35.
campfire.gif

What we can do is split the cost between everyone who's present on the Saturday night UNLESS you bring a large bag of logs as your contribution :)

A quick glance at the list and it's looking like 9 definites for the Saturday so the cost ought to be between £3 to £4 depending on exactly how many do turn up and if anyone brings their own logs :cool:

Oh, and please.... none of those bags of logs from the local garage, they're usually virtually unseasoned and the devils own job to burn :rolleyes:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Couple of edits to post #01 ...

There's been some work done to the site's driveway (the bit from the entrance at Tanners Lane through to the Overspill Car Park (the bit where it widens out) ...

entrance road / track:

A good amount of time, effort, and money has gone towards improving the drive in. Please respect the 5 mph speed limit, it will help preserve the driveway.

And, following a couple of random conversations ...

• chopping (or cracking/snapping etc) wood at 'silly o'clock' is not acceptable. Please make sure that you prepare wood for the start of the next day well before dusk ~ and if you can't be sure, bring an alternative method of heating water/cooking. In the event that you injure yourself (cut, bash, squash) processing wood it is expected that you will have a first aid kit / supplies suitable to treat the wound.

The 'squash' bit relates to getting fleshy bits pinched and not 'Tom and Jerry'ing yourself with major bit of tree (for that we have 'post it' notes and 999 ;) )

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Ok... I bought 5 bags of logs this morning for the communal fire for £35.
campfire.gif

What we can do is split the cost between everyone who's present on the Saturday night UNLESS you bring a large bag of logs as your contribution :)

A quick glance at the list and it's looking like 9 definites for the Saturday so the cost ought to be between £3 to £4 depending on exactly how many do turn up and if anyone brings their own logs :cool:

Oh, and please.... none of those bags of logs from the local garage, they're usually virtually unseasoned and the devils own job to burn :rolleyes:

works for me

And me :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE