Rogue Bush Hats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I had one the 108 african buffalo hat until i lost it paddling on the mersey. They are great hats for the money and I fully expected mine to last me for ever. If you get one you wont be dissapointed. Also the team at unbeaten tracks are great and really helpfull.

Greg

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
just checked out the web site, i am in the market for some new boots myself, has anyone had a pair of the RB5 trans africa's?????????????

any feedback appreciated.

Adam

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
I have a 202 Oily Jock hat. Higher crown than the standard ones. I seem to have quite a high head and it fits better. Don't want the top touching my head!

It's a great hat, much nicer than the Ozzie jobs. Much better fit and more stylish! I give mine a bit of treating with Nikwax or similar occasionally to keep it waterproof.

The fitted chinstrap didn't last long though. I replaced it with a bootlace through the ventilation holes.

As for someone asking about the boots, I have a pair or their "Everyday Half Boots" and they are also great value. Very comfortable from the off. The leather is soft and flexible. Not walking boots though so I can't comment on their Trans Africas. Great for general messing about though not that waterproof.

Don't think you can go far wrong with their kit.

Gareth

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
just checked out the web site, i am in the market for some new boots myself, has anyone had a pair of the RB5 trans africa's?????????????

any feedback appreciated.

Adam

Yes I have :) and a pair of the RB6 Extreme boots which are waterproof right up the built in gaitors. Just dont stand for long periods in deep water because it does eventually seep through the threads in the leather. They were ideal for days out in the Landy (until someone knicked it :cussing: ).

Mikey P - The hats are pretty good too, I own a 'One Ten' for summer use and a leather 'Ranger' for wetter weather. The 'Ranger' has seen a lot of paddling and actually went missing on Loch Ness after some rather strong gusts. I thought I'd lost it to Nessy but she obviously thought it was a bit chewy and it was later found by another canoe from our trip that was some way behind.

Do full members still get a BCUK discount at Unbeaten Tracks?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
One more question to those in the know: I measured my head at a smidge over 57cm, which seems to put e in the no-man's land between Medium and Large. Any advice on Rogue sizing? Does it tend to be on the big or small side and would you recommend I go Large for safety?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Not being funny but at what stage is your hair growing? Simply if you've not had a haircut and are due one fairly soon you may find you measured up a bit larger than when you have just had one. I can feel the difference with my swagman every time I have a cut (and I cut mine every 2-3 weeks).

Ideal time to measure is sort of the halfway point between haircuts so you get an average measurement.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Not being funny but at what stage is your hair growing? Simply if you've not had a haircut and are due one fairly soon you may find you measured up a bit larger than when you have just had one. I can feel the difference with my swagman every time I have a cut (and I cut mine every 2-3 weeks).

Ideal time to measure is sort of the halfway point between haircuts so you get an average measurement.

Good point!

Edi_M

Hi,
I'm responsible for the unbeatentracks website (the bad bits too, working on that). Anyone concerned about the sizing, please note that the website allows you to order the cm measurement rather than S/M/L etc. For your own confidence avoid using the more general sizing when purchasing, the hats are all handmande & vary as much as +/-2cm in each size range (occasionally more). The hats do stretch ever so slightly over time, the suede ones more than the oilys (don't ask me why, haven't a clue)

Edi

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi,
I'm responsible for the unbeatentracks website (the bad bits too, working on that). Anyone concerned about the sizing, please note that the website allows you to order the cm measurement rather than S/M/L etc. For your own confidence avoid using the more general sizing when purchasing, the hats are all handmande & vary as much as +/-2cm in each size range (occasionally more). The hats do stretch ever so slightly over time, the suede ones more than the oilys (don't ask me why, haven't a clue)

Edi

Thanks, Edi!

I think I'll order the 57cm, bearing in mind that it will probably stretch a little with use. I am assuming that I can return it and swap for another one if it doesn't fit out of the box.

Edi_M

Order a 57cm hat & you'll get a 57cm hat. We now avoid the S/M/L type ordering to try & keep returns down to a minimum as margins are fairly small & postage can get expensive. Nonetheless, the company fully observe all distance selling regulations, as you would expect.

If you're going to the wilderness gathering & you're not sure of your measurement, hold off on your order & see John directly.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Edi - Just a quick question, like the rouge hats and some other loverly bits and pieces on the website but i see the site is based in Englandshire but your in stirling, can i pick stuff up from stirling as i just live up the road in Braco.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Just a heads up - John mentioned to me yesterday that he is going to change from Rogue boots to another SA brand in the near future!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE