Robbed at the door

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Those who can't make the choices can fillibuster and obfuscate all they want. Red

I never thought of my self a fillibusterer but I could get into it, I wonder if i need training? ;)

I might practice lest we meet, I'd hate to dissapoint. :p

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Spot on.

One appeal (only on the basis that there are grounds for appeal) then apply the "manilla quickstep"

People might find this harsh or reactionary. Personally I find denying life saving medical treatment to innocent people - when spending money on keeping rapists and murderers in prison unacceptable. Those who can't make the choices can fillibuster and obfuscate all they want. At the end of the day we divert money from healthcare and pensions to keep alive people convicted of heinous crimes. I can't reconcile that with my value system.

I'd be interested to hear the speech that explains to the parents of a terminally ill child why their child must die so that a serial rapist can live.

Red
In the same identical vain we divert money to treat the terminally ill, people can demand treatment for their illness despite the fact they are going to die. Why not put them out of their misery and stop them clogging up the beds of hospitals. Give those beds to people who will live and stop wasting so much money on the sick.
You’d not spend that much on a dog or cat with terminal cancer or renal failure, you’d do the decent thing. :rolleyes:

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
In the same identical vain we divert money to treat the terminally ill, people can demand treatment for their illness despite the fact they are going to die. Why not put them out of their misery and stop them clogging up the beds of hospitals. Give those beds to people who will live and stop wasting so much money on the sick.
You’d not spend that much on a dog or cat with terminal cancer or renal failure, you’d do the decent thing. :rolleyes:

Yup, if i am terminal and no chance at all of recovery then let me die so others may live

As I was grumpy yesterday afternoon I thought it best not to comment on here as it would have been reactionary and probably not much help. But I have been thinking about it since I read it and my thoughts go out to you and your wife.

Be thankful the child wasn't hurt or distressed in any way. That is the only good thing about this.

Now with regard to the scum who perpetrate these crimes, cut their hand off. No third time offenders. We as a nation have become soft and it is not down to any particular government as it has been happenning for at least 25 years.

The liberal minded human rights campaigners who believe that everyone should have the same rights, that criminals are just misunderstood and lacking education and opportunity are to blame. If someone commits a crime they should be deprived of the right to anything other than basic life until they prove they are capable of integration into the mainstream again.

How can it be wrong for a man in the position of Tony Martin (I think was his name) who went to prison for defending his property. What the whole system overlooked was the fact that had the little scroats not been on his property doing something wrong, he would not have committed any offence as it would have been impossible. He didn't go looking for them, they came onto his property!!

Now with this in mind I say shoot any offenders caught in the act, charge the family for the cost of the bullet and the manpower it takes to throw them into the pit dug for purpose. If you cannot shoot them because they weren't in the act but you KNOW who it was, then give them the chance to escape the Country - say 20 minutes then if you can catch them, shoot them and charge the family etc...

or we could just pity them and try and educate them out of their ways ... No, they tried that it didn't work - castrate any male offenders over the age of 12 so they cant spawn and keep the cycle going!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
How can it be wrong for a man in the position of Tony Martin (I think was his name) who went to prison for defending his property. What the whole system overlooked was the fact that had the little scroats not been on his property doing something wrong, he would not have committed any offence as it would have been impossible. He didn't go looking for them, they came onto his property!!
The child/teen that Tony Martin shot was running away as he was killed the shot was in his back, Tony Martin had sat in a prepared shooting stand and waited for several hours until the two people broke into his house, he then shot one in the leg, and the other he in the back shot as he ran away. Not even close to the minimum requirement for self defence. Tony Martin sat in a pre-prepared gun emplacement, waiting to commit a crime, reckless and willing to murder anyone who came into his sights. He was a convicted criminal with a history of gun crime and violence. Five years earlier he’d shot at a car because he thought they had come to rob him.
He should have been sentenced to life imprisonment, but because of all the do-gooders in the social welfare system, and because he had had a “troubled up-bringing” he was let off with the lesser charge of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Did Tony Martin not actually persue the guys and shoot one of them in the back?

I agree justice has gotten soft, but i still believe that the courts should decide upon punishment, a just and fair trial and the belief that someone is innocent before being found guilty is the cornerstone of a fair society.

Going about willy nilly, dispensing capital punishment will send us right back to the dark ages, branding for thieves, children hung etc etc.

The punishment must fit the crime

EDIT: Thanks Tadpole.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston

to quote Bill Hicks 'Put 'em in the movies'....

line them up as innocent bystanders in the latest, Charles Bronson/ action movie...

Interesting points about Tony Martin, It gets very complicated there.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

Interesting. Do you see a mass murderer as having the same right of care as aterminally ill tax payer?

Personally I don't.

For the avoidance of doubt we will all die - healthcare nothwithstanding. All that healthcare does is prolong life and allieve suffering.

However if you are talking about people who would prefer to die with dignity and are denied the right to do so ..I agree wholeheartedly

Red

The child/teen that Tony Martin shot was running away as he was killed the shot was in his back, Tony Martin had sat in a prepared shooting stand and waited for several hours until the two people broke into his house, he then shot one in the leg, and the other he in the back shot as he ran away. Not even close to the minimum requirement for self defence. Tony Martin sat in a pre-prepared gun emplacement, waiting to commit a crime, reckless and willing to murder anyone who came into his sights. He was a convicted criminal with a history of gun crime and violence. Five years earlier he’d shot at a car because he thought they had come to rob him.
He should have been sentenced to life imprisonment, but because of all the do-gooders in the social welfare system, and because he had had a “troubled up-bringing” he was let off with the lesser charge of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

I don't care as to the rights and wrongs of the person who is Tony Martin, that is not my point. The point is - in the example I used - if the child (you can call them whatever you want to soften it so they don't appear so menacing - Jamie Bulgers murderers were children too) WERE NOT COMMITTING A CRIME THE SECOND CRIME COULD NOT HAVE BEEN COMMITTED

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Guys, this is going on and on and around and around, it's getting more and more general and although I do understand the feelings this isn't really the place to rant on about killing people, the political system, death sentences, prisons, inadequate punishments etc

Something was stolen and people get irate about it, fair enough but going on and on with more and more wild punishments and patting each other on the back for the best imagination is going a bit far.

Pull it back to something more acceptable please

Guys, this is going on and on and around and around, it's getting more and more general and although I do understand the feelings this isn't really the place to rant on about killing people, the political system, death sentences, prisons, inadequate punishments etc

Something was stolen and people get irate about it, fair enough but going on and on with more and more wild punishments and patting each other on the back for the best imagination is going a bit far.

My appologies. Sorry if I offended anyone

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Funny thing about Dredd - he was originally intended to be an anti-hero. Some of the original scripts were judged too extreme (for example, there was supposed to be a scene where Dredd runs over a bystander on his way to a callout, gives him five seconds to crawl to the sidewalk on his multiple broken limbs, then shoots him dead for jaywalking when he fails), it got dialled back a bit, and he ended up a fairly conventional authoritarian hero. He was supposed to be a satire of authoritarianism (the Dirty Harry movies in particular), not a paean to it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

Fair play Tony - dropped for my part :)

Life imprisonment is horrifically expensive. The money comes from the public purse. This is the same public purse that cannot afford many life saving medical treatments for people who have done no wrong.

Nah, we'd spend it on life saving home rennovations of MP's second homes. Never underestimate government's powers of errant spending.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Thank your lucky stars the child was OK and all that was lost was a few bob and some credit cards etc. that needed reporting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE