Floods (Oct 20th ‘23)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Is everyone OK?

Here in the flatlands it’s pretty bad. Nothing like as bad as further North though.

My daughter in law had a twelve mile detour to a school three miles away.

My wife was on a textile course. She looked out of her tutors windows and saw the river Carno (tributary of the nearby Severn). She knows the Seven well , a treacherous if beautiful entity. Janet left early but she can’t get out of Wales. She found a pub and is hunkering down.

Stay safe folks.
Hope you homesteaders haven’t lost much and that there is no one stuck out there beyond their resources.

• Wow
Reactions: Herman30

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I needed an amphibious jeep today.

But I managed, by going carefully in First gear...

Ive never seen the like.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I just made a journey home after a week away. Heavy rain, very slow traffic. The roads are awash with some localised flooding. I didn't have any problems, but the person who drove their Audi into 2ft of standing water outside Chesterfield this morning will be having a bad day........

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Blue skies, broken cloud and sunshine, windows open as it's like a spring day.

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
We came down off the hill this afternoon (if we're flooded, most of you would need to evolve gills and webbed feet) and many of the roads are badly flooded, the Vyrnwy is about to go over its banks, and some of the tributaries are already flooding the fields - if we have to go out again we'll take the defender.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Hills don’t necessarily save you.
One of my daughters saw water sheeting of pasture and flooding through houses on the hillside.

@Broch
We’re lucky too. If we are flooded then Shrewsbury is just two church steeples and the market cross.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Flossing is semi regular here. Small estuaries and big tides mean the fields are usually flooded a few times a year. No roads closed yet due to water but we’ve had several trees down. One of which meant a detour of 1.5 hours to get home!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Been lucky here so far, very windy and a bit wet but nothing worse than normal.

It was foggy and sunny this morning and had a mistbow over the house.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've had a bit of rain, a bit of wind, but nothing out of the ordinary. I think we're being very lucky, especially when I read about other areas.
Stay safe, and dry, folks.

Reactions: Pattree

barrs

Oct 5, 2023
NE Scotland
Pretty bad up here in the North, mostly been battered with the wind the last few days and have avoided too much flooding. Had a few power cuts during the night, kept triggering the smoke alarms when it came back on! Was planning to go out bivvying Saturday night, but no chance of that!

Hopefully it doesn't get too bad down south this weekend - stay safe!

Reactions: Pattree and Toddy

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
On my river the level was within a few centimetres of the highest ever which was recorded in 2012, that is to say my allotment was completely underwater as well as my woodland. River levels are going down now and it will be someone elses problem downstream. Fine time to discover that you have a puncture in your wellies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE