RM Woodlore Knife on Ebay.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Handle Material: Plastic :dunno: :bluThinki :ok:

That aside, be it an Alan Wood yada yada. It's a tool made from 01 steel - no real magic and not something someone around these parts couldn't do as good a job of for literally a fraction of what that will sell for.

But hey, it's an old arguement and best of luck to the seller

:nana: to the buyer Muhahhahahha

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We all know that, I guess some people think its a 'Cudos' think to have one or they just like collecting famous knives!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
<SARCASM>
Yeah - let’s give everyone who doesn't think exactly the way we do a load of verbal... serves them right for being different. I always think it's a terrible thing when someone else is getting pleasure without hurting anyone else by doing something I don't understand.

how very dare they!!!

Coz you have to be a bushcrafter to own a knife.... and what's with the poxy science museum and their vast collections of stuff? It's not like they're going to use that Apollo orbiter module! I mean geeeesh, what a criminal waste!
</SARCASM>

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
<SARCASM>
Yeah - let’s give everyone who doesn't think exactly the way we do a load of verbal... serves them right for being different. I always think it's a terrible thing when someone else is getting pleasure without hurting anyone else by doing something I don't understand.

how very dare they!!!

Coz you have to be a bushcrafter to own a knife.... and what's with the poxy science museum and their vast collections of stuff? It's not like they're going to use that Apollo orbiter module! I mean geeeesh, what a criminal waste!
</SARCASM>
I hope that isn't directed at me Squidders!

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Handle Material: Plastic :dunno: :bluThinki :ok:

That aside, be it an Alan Wood yada yada. It's a tool made from 01 steel - no real magic and not something someone around these parts couldn't do as good a job of for literally a fraction of what that will sell for.

But hey, it's an old arguement and best of luck to the seller

:nana: to the buyer Muhahhahahha

The handle scales are Maple.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It's not directed at you Greg, nor or anyone specific.

I'm generally fed up of people who share my passtime acting like they have ownership over its skills, equipment and locations and that anyone not in compliance with these people should be mocked, told off or educated.

I see an increasing trend towards closed mindedness and bigotted behavior that sickens me a little and a growing number of times when people or groups are excluded because they don't share our ideals.

People who use the wilderness for reasons other than our own are made to look bad or silly or in the worst cases down right evil and those who collect knives should be targetted with more venom than any stamp collector would get.

Have you not noticed how quick we are to judge the non bushcrafters?

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Yeah leave 'em alone! I I want to 'arrange' to meet my 'chums' in a rural lay-by at 2am wearing a mack and a pink carnation in my left pocket thats my business!

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Im sayin nothin coz i got shouted down last time i made a remark about the "celestial" and "Magickal" knife debate.

:banghead:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It's not directed at you Greg, nor or anyone specific.

I'm generally fed up of people who share my passtime acting like they have ownership over its skills, equipment and locations and that anyone not in compliance with these people should be mocked, told off or educated.

I see an increasing trend towards closed mindedness and bigotted behavior that sickens me a little and a growing number of times when people or groups are excluded because they don't share our ideals.

People who use the wilderness for reasons other than our own are made to look bad or silly or in the worst cases down right evil and those who collect knives should be targetted with more venom than any stamp collector would get.

Have you not noticed how quick we are to judge the non bushcrafters?

What the hell are you going on about?:confused:
I found this knife on Ebay and just thought I would let you lot know just in case anyone was after buying a Woodlore thats all end of story, there's no need to throw your teddy in the corner and have a massive debate. If you don't want it don't bid on it!
SIMPLE REALLY!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I wasn't talking to you other than to say it wasn't directed at you. I was replying to, and expanding on my thoughts in a public forum Greg, not attacking you.

It's unfortunate you don't like or understand what you read but this is an open forum and I was commenting on our tendancy to judge those who have spare money to burn on knives by branding them sheep, morons or whatever else.

I thought it was revelent and appropriate... Of course, I may be wrong as I frequently am but those are my feelings none the less.

Please, no hard feelings.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I was going to ring you Joe as I am heading up to Pembrokeshire this weekend and wondered if you had a Christmas card that you wanted me to drop off at Greg's house. Dont think I'll bother now! :lmao:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I wasn't talking to you other than to say it wasn't directed at you. I was replying to, and expanding on my thoughts in a public forum Greg, not attacking you.

It's unfortunate you don't like or understand what you read but this is an open forum and I was commenting on our tendancy to judge those who have spare money to burn on knives by branding them sheep, morons or whatever else.

I thought it was revelent and appropriate... Of course, I may be wrong as I frequently am but those are my feelings none the less.

Please, no hard feelings.

Well to be honest & blunt I think you are wrong this time you chose the wrong thread to air your grieviences on, open forum or not.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I guess this one's my fault for initially giving a cheeky jibe about folk are willing to pay these big sums for a tool.

Squidders, you have a point; people view some objects as pieces to collect and that's all well and good - each to their own and I am the last person that has a closed mind over things that don't interest me* and am certainly not one to 'think it's a terrible thing when someone else is getting pleasure without hurting anyone else by doing something I don't understand'.

*Don't get me wrong, I like shiny things and I would like to own this knife just not for the money it will sell for that's all. My comment was just mean't as jokey rib dig jibe not a flame.

As a scouser once said...

"Cyaaaaaaalm daaaaa'n laaaaaaaaaaaaa ey ey :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE