RM Woodlore Knife on Ebay.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Where fashion costs more than function, I have a laugh!

I was trained in fashion design, I became an outdoor gear designer by choice....
Bernie - it looks like we think alike!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I know it is kind of against all I have said but I own a Leatherman Wave given to me by Tim Leatherman himself when he visitted one of the Harrogate shows. It is my EDC and I would be gutted to lose it and would have to be offered VAST amounts of cash to part with it volontarily....despite having loads of later model Leatherman tools as well as this one!
The serrated blade has had to be replaced (free) when a tit I loned the tool to tried to lever open a coconut with it, the diamond hone has also been replaced (free) as I wore it out, using it too often, but it is still special and very practical......not a draw queen but more than a simple Wave to me.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
iv'e bought and sold 4 only to check them out,and you can buy the same quality from a number of makers for a lot less,at the end of the day there a designer knife nowadays as there so hard to get hold of, and some people think your not a bushcrafter if you don't own one imop

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
iv'e bought and sold 4 only to check them out,and you can buy the same quality from a number of makers for a lot less,at the end of the day there a designer knife nowadays as there so hard to get hold of, and some people think your not a bushcrafter if you don't own one imop

True Bernie, quite sad really if you think about it. We don't really even need a knife to bushcraft in this country! :rolleyes:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yes Greg, your right, but someone bought one on here and then bought a cheap axe from B&Q as a user because he did'nt want to mess up his Cegga chopping fire wood!

I don't know whether it was the fact he did it, or the fact that he told everyone that amazed me! Each to their own, live and let live, if you can afford it and want it, buy it, if not, let it go, life's too short!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yes Greg, your right, but someone bought one on here and then bought a cheap axe from B&Q as a user because he did'nt want to mess up his Cegga chopping fire wood!

I don't know whether it was the fact he did it, or the fact that he told everyone that amazed me! Each to their own, live and let live, if you can afford it and want it, buy it, if not, let it go, life's too short!

Some things will never cease to amaze me!:eek:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I can understand you not wanting to ding up a fine axe, I put a small nick in the edge of my Granny B when a rogue hidden nail was suddenly found in splitting duties. A real bummer. But then again, what is the point of having the axe if you will never use it, and also how will you learn to repair damage to an edge if you don't have first hand experience of doing it yourself? It took me five or ten minutes to eradicate the ding, I was taking my time and making sure I didn't faff it up. I can't even tell you exactly where the ding was now!

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I can understand you not wanting to ding up a fine axe, I put a small nick in the edge of my Granny B when a rogue hidden nail was suddenly found in splitting duties. A real bummer. But then again, what is the point of having the axe if you will never use it, and also how will you learn to repair damage to an edge if you don't have first hand experience of doing it yourself? It took me five or ten minutes to eradicate the ding, I was taking my time and making sure I didn't faff it up. I can't even tell you exactly where the ding was now!

ah but to some people they look the biz on there belt

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I've held one of these knives and I'd really like to own one, but the fact that they fetch such a high price prevents me from parting with my cash, if they didn't fetch such a price I think that more people would use them, the high value they fetch prevents people as they dont want to de value their knife. I've not got any problem with collectors as we are all collectors in some way or another.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
so the moral of the story is, buy a woodlore for posing, but a mora clipper for using
Actually the moral of the story is, If you have the money and you really want one then buy one when you can.
If you have the money but don't want to buy one because you can get a knife that is just as good for alot cheaper then don't buy one.
And last of all if you can't afford one in the first place then don't comment on people who can because at the end of the day you'll probably never own one unless you really want to buy one in which case you'll have to save up for it!
Its got nothing to do with functionality, its got everything to do with if you really want one whether to put in a draw as a collectors item or if you are actually going to use it.

And there are alot of people on this site with a draw full of knives that they don't use!

Personally I would never buy one for the simple reason that my friend has one and I didn't like the feel of it, in fact niether does he but he got it off a mate for £100 a couple of years ago and now lets his Survival School students look at it and have a go with it to show them what it is like, and you would be surprised at the amount of people that don't like it, some of which have been on the waiting list for one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE