Ridgeline Monsoon II Smock BUSHCRAFT MEMBER SPECIAL OFFER RRP £149.95 ONLY £109.95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hi,

Clothing that wicks moisture away is usually made for active sports like cycling and hiking.

I wear Berghaus microfibre t shirts when out and about and its not too cold under the Monsoon and it works well. The best if you can afford it I have found is Icebreaker or as i cycle, Endura Bah Bah works well.

There is also another brand, I cant remember name but they have the emblem of a little man on them, and use a natural wicking wool fibre. Grrr frustrating I cant remember the name.

I wont lie, of course you will sweat if you are running around in it on a warm/mild day, but giving the fabric the best chance to breath by wearing the right clothing underneath is worth considering.

Here are the official fabric test results (i have copied the tech values below it also)

Attachments

• monsoonofficialtestresults.jpg
    monsoonofficialtestresults.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 16

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
http://www.smartwool.com/

Thats the other brand I was thinking of. I have a couple of friends who do serious rockclimbing, and they swear by this stuff under waterproof membrane kit.

Expensive though!

Hi,

Clothing that wicks moisture away is usually made for active sports like cycling and hiking.

I wear Berghaus microfibre t shirts when out and about and its not too cold under the Monsoon and it works well. The best if you can afford it I have found is Icebreaker or as i cycle, Endura Bah Bah works well.

There is also another brand, I cant remember name but they have the emblem of a little man on them, and use a natural wicking wool fibre. Grrr frustrating I cant remember the name.

I wont lie, of course you will sweat if you are running around in it on a warm/mild day, but giving the fabric the best chance to breath by wearing the right clothing underneath is worth considering.

Here are the official fabric test results (i have copied the tech values below it also)

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
No problem at all.

We have all the bigger sizes in stock of the pants, but out of Small Medium, and I "think" Large are almost sold out also.

Personally I dont rate the trousers anywhere as much as the smock, don't get me wrong, they are waterproof, reasonablly tough and durable but they don't do it for me personally in style and functionality to be honest.

Matching the smock or jacket as a waterproof pant that wont let you down however, they tick all the boxes.

Maybe im just spoilt with wearing Pro Hunter pants every day.

Paul

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well i went out for a couple of miles with the dog this afternoon (just a cotton tshirt under) and i was toasty. in fact i was more than toasty and i was sweaty as when i got home. Im a big guy and generate much heat :D The mercury did read 16c though so its understandable. This smock will come into its own when the temps plummet. I found it really comfortable though and is very quiet fabric. A good buy :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Mine arrived today Paul, thank you, its a bit on the large size, but i'll probably "grow" in to it. So, the trousers, are they to be worn as just waterproofs, or do they also function as a regular trouser as well ?.

Thanks again for the members offer.

Rob

Filterhoose: RRP is £149.95 and we are doing them for £109.95 which free UPS next day delivery.

Therefore a saving of £40 purchase, and £7 delivery, not bad on a garment costing this amount, and our customers seem to think its a good deal as we are selling loads by the day.

We sell them reduced on our website indeed for £124.95, (reduced price for web customers) however a further saving and free delivery is in my mind a great deal!

....and of course you are correct and I've been wanting one for ages as I saw one in your shop in CD a while back. Thanks for putting up the offer.

Cheers

Windy

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all i just ordered one i ordered a 3xl then i rang them and they recommended a 4xl very helpful company just thought i would pass that on regards dave

Syrio

Aug 14, 2012
Midlands
Just got mine today.

Have only been out for a short walk in it in the dry so far.

First impressions are very good. The build quality, feel of material, comfort, pockets, hood are all excellent. I just need to try it in the rain.

Size wise, 99% of my clothes are medium so I went medium and thought I might of goofed but its fine. With just a shirt/t-shirt underneath its even a teensy bit baggy and with a jumper on its snug but not restrictive. I could even bulk up abit and it would still probably be fine.

Very pleased with this smock.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
hi all i just ordered one i ordered a 3xl then i rang them and they recommended a 4xl very helpful company just thought i would pass that on regards dave

+1 on that, great CS, mine was a perfect fit, haven't had chance to field test it yet as the temperature has risen by 10 degrees and the rain stopped the minute it arrived :rolleyes:

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Hmmm tempted by this but not sure on the sizing. I have a 38" chest and sometimes hover between a medium and a small. Any ideas?

Paul will put you straight on size when he logs on, but you will probably need 1 or possibly 2 sizes up from normal, bearing in mind what you intend to wear underneath the smock for extremely cold weather.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Morning All,

Yeah most people taking our advice on sizing.

My colleague measures a 44" chest and wears a 3XL, i am a 42 chest and wear an XL.

My other outdoor kit is mostly Large, but the Monsoon in an XL would be neat for me if i wore a fleece under it in winter, but at present when its not that cold im wearing it with a lightweight base layer just and it works great for me.

I have my ProHunter to wear when the mercury drops, but its just too warm to wear right now, although i did see 2 deg on the Honda dials the other day!

Hi Pandabean

Trust me 100% you wont be a Small.

If you are a true 38" you will be a Medium at least, i guarantee.

Regards

Paul
Hmmm tempted by this but not sure on the sizing. I have a 38" chest and sometimes hover between a medium and a small. Any ideas?

Last edited:

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
If you are a 38" (96.5cm) chest then I honestly would think it would be fine for a Medium (100cm)

A small would without doubt be too small for you. Even ladies buying Monsoons of size 14 and the like go for a Medium.

They are without question smaller than average size for a coat.

I often wished id gone for a 2XL to be honest with mine as its a bit snug when I wear a Northface fleece or similar but most of the time I just wear it with a Baselayer or t-shirt and its perfect for all but the coldest days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE