Ridgeline Monsoon II Smock BUSHCRAFT MEMBER SPECIAL OFFER RRP £149.95 ONLY £109.95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hello all, and indeed we are very pleased now to be Gold Members.

We have offered this deal to our website subscribers and online exclusively for this week to this forum.

We have sold dozens of them over this weekend!

A big magazine advert comes out on Friday, so if you do wish a Monsoon I recommend ordering sooner rather than later.

We are almost sold out of a couple of sizes already!

As for an honest review, Keith Kirk the pro photographer and wildlife ranger uses and rates this kit and has written an unbiased review.

http://www.dumfriesandgallowaynaturalhistory.co.uk/ridgeline-clothing-review

He wears the Roar which is the jacket version, and same fabric etc etc

Although my opinion may be seen as biased as I am the Sales Manager for Scott Country, i will be completely honest in my short review (see new post)

Best Regards

Scott Country

Last edited:

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Filterhoose: RRP is £149.95 and we are doing them for £109.95 which free UPS next day delivery.

Therefore a saving of £40 purchase, and £7 delivery, not bad on a garment costing this amount, and our customers seem to think its a good deal as we are selling loads by the day.

We sell them reduced on our website indeed for £124.95, (reduced price for web customers) however a further saving and free delivery is in my mind a great deal!

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my smock today.
What are the strides that accompany the smock as there are a few different styles?
Do you have the appropriate size for a fat bloke with a 44" waist and 30" inside leg?

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
My Review of Ridgeline Monsoon II Smock (Paul Stewart, Scott Country)

Although my opinion may be seen as biased as I am the Sales Manager for Scott Country, i will be completely honest in my short review below:

I was given my Monsoon II when they first came out in 2011 by John at Ridgeline. I had until them always been a Harkila ProHunter fan, and have both jacket and trousers. I have a labrador gun dog that needs loads of exercise and am on the hill at least twice a day.

Living in Scotland the weather here is less than ideal, and recently have experienced the wettest weather on record.

I often tell people who ask what the garment is when I am wearing the Monsoon (with my Pro Hunter trousers) that it's akin to "closing the double glazing when its pouring outside"

Literally with the hood up and the hatches battened down, i will it to rain heavier as I know nothing will get through.

People often say wearing waterproof membrane gear can get very hot, and yes like most Gore Tex type garments, (Monsoon using RL Tex) the Monsoon can get toasty, however if you wear the right undergarment, and ensure the chest zip is vented during high activity, I have never found it a problem.

I wear a microfibre base t shirt, or base layer and never find an issue, even when working on the hill during high activity it performs perfectly.

My only "grumble" is that I often dont strap down the cuffs, and when picking up wet dummys from ditches etc, or climbing over fences I get the inside of the cuffs wet. It's not an issue as you have the inner storm cuffs so water doesnt work its way inside, its just when you next go to wear the jacket later in that day, you feel a bit clamy and cold when you first put it on. Saying that if you dry it properly then its never an issue, i usually throw mine in a heap in the back of the vehicle.

I have worn my Monsoon in literally a "Monsoon" and its performed better than expected.

The pockets are well sealed, and with the waterproof zip covers, my iphone or GPS can live safely in the pocket easy to get to when I need it.

For the money, and in my vast clothing experience, i honestly dont know of a better garment.

Take my short review with a pinch of salt if you wish, but it is completely honest

Paul

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Mine has just arrived, sizing is deffo smaller than other brands so im glad i went up one. Im really happy with it and it oozes quality. A lot lighter than i was expecting too which is a bonus indeed. First Jacket ive ever had with a hood that fits properly too. the wire inside makes it easy to adjust. Sods law sees bright sunshine in the midlands today so no testing.

Sam - DO IT DO IT DO IT before they go

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Mine has just arrived, sizing is deffo smaller than other brands so im glad i went up one. Im really happy with it and it oozes quality. A lot lighter than i was expecting too which is a bonus indeed. First Jacket ive ever had with a hood that fits properly too. the wire inside makes it easy to adjust. Sods law sees bright sunshine in the midlands today so no testing. Sam - DO IT DO IT DO IT before they go

Same here and +1 on the sizeing, go up 1 or even 2 from your normal size, mine is spot on after Paul's advice.
Superb quality garment for the money, the only reservation i may have concerns the breatheability of the fabric, and i hope to be proved wrong after a good long stroll with the dogs, sunny here now as well, typical. Will report back later.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
As luck would have it, i just went out on my lunchbreak with Millie my lab, and walking round the back field near work I was stopped by a guy walking his springers wearing a tweed coat and was looking rather dissheveled and grumpy as he was soaked through worse than his dogs!

He said "Is that one of those Monsoon things from Ridgeline", at this point in time it was completely pounding down with rain, and my lab was soaked through but I was lovely and dry!

I said yup, and carried on walking in the knowledge I was bone dry he he

I turned the corner and met a man and his wife walking their dog, both wearing Monsoons, the guy with the spaniels just stood and shook his head in disbelief.

As for the breathability of the Monsoon, i cant stress enough you need to wear the right clothing underneath, as I have said before during high activity when you have battened down the hatches so to speak, they can get a bit toasty, but certainally less so than my £350 Pro Hunter from Harkila.

Like anything with a waterproof membrane, the garment will breath but you have to give it the best chance to do so.

Wear a Polartec fleece or something under a breathable jacket and you are asking it to do a lot, as the fleece wicks the sweat and traps between the layers.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Would anyone like to see the official test results for the fabric?

I have the water vapour and water ingress official test results as it happens from pre-production days and can upload if you want to see more technical info on the RL Tex fabric?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
As luck would have it, i just went out on my lunchbreak with Millie my lab, and walking round the back field near work I was stopped by a guy walking his springers wearing a tweed coat and was looking rather dissheveled and grumpy as he was soaked through worse than his dogs!

He said "Is that one of those Monsoon things from Ridgeline", at this point in time it was completely pounding down with rain, and my lab was soaked through but I was lovely and dry!

I said yup, and carried on walking in the knowledge I was bone dry he he

I turned the corner and met a man and his wife walking their dog, both wearing Monsoons, the guy with the spaniels just stood and shook his head in disbelief.

As for the breathability of the Monsoon, i cant stress enough you need to wear the right clothing underneath, as I have said before during high activity when you have battened down the hatches so to speak, they can get a bit toasty, but certainally less so than my £350 Pro Hunter from Harkila.

Like anything with a waterproof membrane, the garment will breath but you have to give it the best chance to do so.

Wear a Polartec fleece or something under a breathable jacket and you are asking it to do a lot, as the fleece wicks the sweat and traps between the layers.

Any advice on what the best layer under it might be?

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Would anyone like to see the official test results for the fabric? I have the water vapour and water ingress official test results as it happens from pre-production days and can upload if you want to see more technical info on the RL Tex fabric?

Yes please Paul, and did you get me the inside leg measurement for the matching strides?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE