New Ridgeline Monsoon II Smock in Olive for 2013 Now In Stock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
That's the one I've been waiting for :thumbup: just need to raise a few more £.
Any chance of a packed/rolled pic ?
Bcuk discount ? :eek:
Cheers
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Recieved my roar pants from you guys a week ago!
Great pants, nearly matches my swazi tahr jacket too!
Good clothes for the money!

Rm

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hi all.

The outer fabric is very soft and silent and it feels a little bit lighter than my Monsoon in Teak, but I am told they are the same fabric and membrane.

The colour is fantastic and will be a top seller.

I will take a rolled up picture now guys, however I hope i do it correctly like you would for a backpack if thats what you mean?

Regards

Paul

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
That's it, I'd like to imagine what its like stuffed in my bergan side pouch or in top of pack. Cheers

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
No problem have take a pic next to a 500ml drinks bottle to give you an idea of size.

I could have rolled this tighter but did it quickly to show how it packs down.

Size is XL as thats what I take.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

Attachments

• pack1.jpg
    pack1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30
  • pack2.jpg
    pack2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 34

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi all.

The outer fabric is very soft and silent and it feels a little bit lighter than my Monsoon in Teak, but I am told they are the same fabric and membrane.

The colour is fantastic and will be a top seller.

I will take a rolled up picture now guys, however I hope i do it correctly like you would for a backpack if thats what you mean?

Regards

Paul

Cheers for that, no doubt an order will be coming from me on payday :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sure that's not. 330ml bottle ? Looks large rolled but I'll live with it as I would only take it for extreme weather. Cheers :thumbup:

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
I have the current Monsoon in Teak and love the colour personally, but its not to everyones cup of tea.

The olive is a traditional hunting/outdoor colour, although I agree the Teak is a bit different, but the olive will be more suited to most outdoors bush craft people.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Will they be doing these in teak at a later point ? Blends better against trees and while walking the fields (stubble , plough etc)

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
The Teak Monsoon II as it is at present is in stock in all sizes and the colour will be continued into 2013 along side the Olive smock.

The Teak Monsoon I am led to believe will have the addition of pit zips under the arms sometime next year, but wont be available until at least next Spring and will otherwise stay the same.

Attachments

• monsoon.jpg
    monsoon.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Thanks for clearing that up. It's the pit zips I was waiting for :eek: ah well, at least I didn't finish listing my mosgeil :phew: guess ill have to wait some more. Will the olive be appearing with pit zips next year too ?

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hi, pit zips are only a future idea i believe and as Ridgeline UK have just had a huge container of the new olive Monsoons delivered I doubt it will be changed in the foreseeable future.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Thanks for that. I was really after the pit zip features as I've heard a few say they are very warm when active. Decisions decisions.....aaaarrggh

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Has anyone independent been out in these and done some serious work

Usual membrane breathability notwithstanding, I've read that the breathability on these isn't that great. Very waterproof yes, but not so good sweatiness front (though pit zips will obviously help)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE